Nana Khadija Centre Recruitment for a Centre Manager – Nana Khadija Centre is recruiting candidates suitable to fill the position of a centre manager. Interested candidates should kindly follow the descriptions listed below to apply.
Nana Khadija Centre is a one-stop centre for survivors of gender-based violence in Sokoto State. We offer medical, legal and psychosocial care at no cost.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Centre Manager
- Reporting to the Project Coordinator for Sokoto and the Managing Partner, the Centre Manager will assume responsibility for direct management of all activities, services, and operations at the Centre.
- This includes line management of all One Stop Centre staff; overall coordination and management of services to survivors; financial and administrative/logistical management of the building and operations; and external representation and coordination of referrals with other agencies.
- External Representation, Referrals, Capacity Building
- Support PJ’s advocacy team in external representation as needed and requested, in particular with respect to referral pathways and networks for comprehensive services to survivors.
- This includes working with such agencies as: Sokoto State Ministry for Women and Children affairs, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Justice, the Police Family Support Unit (FSU); justice and legal personnel, and other agencies relevant to service provision.
- Help identify challenges or gaps in the referral pathways and work to address these collectively with the Centre, PJ team, and other stakeholders. Assist in maintaining a network of referral agencies, and assist with coordination meetings as required.
- Help to implement external program activities in Lagos as appropriate, such as working with schools, conducting sensitization and advocacy activities, public awareness campaigns, etc.
- Help to identify sources of corporate funding and work with the Managing Partner and Programme Team on strategies
- Ensuring Quality of Services to Survivors
- Ensure administrative, financial systems are in place for effective management of the Centre
- Provide guidance and oversight to all services provided to survivors and their families at the Centre.
- This includes helping to ensure that best practices are observed in all aspects of service delivery, which includes confidentiality, informed consent, providing relevant information, respecting survivors’ choices, and so forth, and other best practices in responding to survivors of GBV.
- Help to monitor quality of service provision through regular feedback from clients and their families, staff, visitors, and other stakeholders involved in the Centers.
- Help coordinate and assist in efforts to build the technical capacity of center staff by identifying training needs and pursuing opportunities as available and feasible.
- Help link center staff with new resources, materials, and techniques to expand their knowledge and skills in the area of GBV.
- Provide oversight and monitoring of all client and service-related documentation, including intake and assessment forms, referrals, etc.
- Support and oversee the input of client/survivor data into the Data Management System (DMS). Compile and summarize weekly and monthly data, statistics, and related information, and ensure that this information is submitted to the relevant focal people for reporting and analysis.
- Provide overall line management of the Centre staff.
- This includes: performance management and reviews; identifying capacity building needs (and helping to address where possible); ensuring staff have sufficient resources and information; ensuring regular communication and information sharing; addressing conflicts and issues as they arise; and promoting a positive, team-building, and professional working atmosphere.
- Ensure that all required administrative procedures and paperwork is completed for all Centre staff, such as timesheets, leave planning performance reviews, etc.
- Ensure that all staff are informed on all PJ policies and procedures and kept updated of any changes.
- Address any specific staff performance and/or disciplinary issues as they arise, seeking help and guidance from the Managing Partner where appropriate.
- Give input to monthly activity plans, monthly reports, and other required updates, reports and information, as requested and required. This includes both summary data on client services and narrative reports on Centre activities.
- Represent the Centre at all required meetings and related events; this includes meetings internal to PJ and external meetings, as requested.
- Oversight of all financial activities at the Centre, including operational expenses, client support, specific events, etc, with support from the PJ office as needed.
- Receive and manage Centre funds through the monthly advance system; ensure all financial activities are conducted in line with PJ policies, and properly liquidated in line with PJ procedures.
- Provide oversight of all operational and administrative aspects of the Centre, and liaise with the PJ team to address any needs that arise, such as additional supplies for the centre (including operational and direct client support, medical, etc.), required building or equipment repairs, and/or other issues that arise with the centre and its equipment.
- Ensure that regular communications are maintained as possible with the PJ office, and immediately report any incident or issue that may require external support.
- Help to ensure that the Centre and its staff, clients, and visitors are reasonably safe and secure from external harm as feasible, and report incidents/seek assistance where needed.
- The Center Manager will support the PJ advocacy team in establishing and maintaining external relationships with other agencies in Sokoto, particularly those related to the provision of response to GBV incidents and services for survivors.
- This includes, but is not limited to: Sokoto State Ministry for Women and Children Affairs, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Justice, the Police Family Support Unit (FSU); justice and legal personnel; and other relevant service/response providers.
- The Centre Manager works in collaboration with all PJ Program staff.
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Health, Social Work, Social Services, Community Development or related fields.
- At least 4 years’ experience in managing an office or service delivery agency. This includes experience in managing the financial, logistical and administrative aspects.
- At least 1 year of experience in managing a multi-disciplinary staff team, inclusive of both technical and administrative personnel.
- Ability to maintain a positive team atmosphere and supportive environment for staff to provide quality services to clients in frequently stressful situations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of gender-based violence, and the principles of providing quality service delivery for GBV survivors.
- Ability to plan in advance and maintain an organized working style, yet able to handle new events and situations effectively as they arise. Able to work calmly and lead teams successfully in stressful and sometimes chaotic situations.
- Able to work independently, multi-task, and take initiative, but also able to delegate responsibilities, harness team efforts, and ask for help as needed.
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage with different groups and stakeholders
- in strengthening referral pathways and coordination, and raising awareness about GBV and the Centre.
- Able to manage resources effectively and efficiently.
- Committed to the mission and principles of the Centre and Partnership for Justice
- Operational/Financial management – understand PJ policies and systems and applies them effectively, developing sound financial plans and budgets and can effectively obtain,
- allocate and utilize resources
- Applies effective utilization of resources
- The ability to build a team environment, and manage conflict with employees as appropriate
- The ability to accurately assess a situation before making a decision, examining problems from different viewpoints
- Judgment – Is able to sort through competing priorities, make sound well informed decisions and identify issues problems and opportunities
- Decisiveness – Can make decisions in a timely manner identifying problems early enough and informing the Managing Partner
- Results-driven – ensures goals, objectives and deadlines are met
- Respectful both within the organization and with external interactions and sensitive to ramifications of decisions
- Self-Management – Knows own strengths and weaknesses and acts accordingly, copes well with pressure and adapts and learns
- Can communicate effectively both verbally and in written communication across all departments
- Interpersonal skills – Listens willingly to concerns of others and provides feedback
- Lives up to commitments and works towards the aims of the Organization, showing
- Consistency between words and actions and always acting with integrity.
Application Closing Date
15th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE