Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager – Internship Opportunities for Students and Fresh Graduates
Job number: 918714
Locations: Nairobi, Nairobi City, Kenya (Lagos, Nigeria)
Travel: 0-25 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment Type: Internship
- Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
- We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
- You will collaborate with a committed team to design, develop and test the next generation of technology solutions for millions of people.
We are looking for candidates who have the following qualities:
- Team Players: driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay maniacally focused on our customers’ satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative, matrixed global organization.
- Growth Mindset: your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with insatiable curiosity. Ultimately, you’re open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
- Pure Challenge: demonstrated desire and ability to readily take on complex challenges and work towards solutions to seemingly unsolvable problems.
- Passion for Technology: you’re deeply motivated by the incredible opportunity of how technology can inspire and ignite change and renewal.
- Relentlessly Resourceful: you have the drive to overcome any obstacle in your work.
- Customer Obsessed: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner’s mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
- You drive the technical vision, design, and implementation of software solutions.
- Program managers (PMs) are the in-house advocates for millions of people worldwide who predict and research how software is used and work closely with Software Engineers (SWEs) to ensure our products exceed people’s expectations
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field with at least one semester/quarter remaining after internship.
- A year or two of experience programming in C++, Java or other computer programming languages preferred.
- Strong technical prowess, including understanding of algorithms, systems architecture and end-user experience.
- Ability to think unconventionally to derive creative and innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated expertise in feature definition, design and feasibility.
- Demonstrated skill in estimating development time
- A year or two of experience in C/C++/C#/VB.NET and experience designing and developing tool architecture preferred.
- Familiarity with managing complex project schedules, solving complex problems and nurturing cross-group collaboration.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work:
- Industry leading healthcare
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Jobs in Nigeria Now!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here