Meristem Securities Limited Recruitment for a Financial Controller – Meristem Securities Limited is recruiting candidates suitable to fill in the position of a Financial Controller. Interested candidates should kindly follow the descriptions listed below to apply.
Meristem Securities Limited is a leading capital market conglomerate that offers Wealth Management services, Stockbroking services, Registrar services, Trustee services and Investment Banking services to our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Job Type: Full-time
- Ensure that an appropriate financial policy framework is in place to guide management decision-making, particularly in the areas of assets and liability management (ALM).
- Establish comprehensive operational guidelines & workflows covering all business transactions and processes.
- Maintain contacts and liaise with bankers, auditors, regulatory authorities (SEC, NSE, PFAs, and etc.), and tax authorities (Federal & State) to ensure compliance and long term financial security and stability.
- Participate in meetings of departmental heads as necessary and work closely with all departmental heads/management teams, advising them on the likely financial consequences of all proposed courses of action.
- Be prepared to act as a member of the project management team as necessary.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of all financial records and data input.
- Ensure production of accurate monthly and quarterly performance reports and management accounts.
- Ensure financial and other reporting systems are maintained in accordance with the company’s accounting policies and relevant standards required by regulatory bodies, management and external auditors.
- Prepare weekly and monthly banks reconciliation reports.
- Ensure error-free trades posting into software(s) and timely settlement.
- Manage and monitor daily cash position to ensure effective liquidity management as well as minimize the company’s exposures/liability
- Production and submission of quarterly reports and any other reports as may be requested to SEC in the specified format.
- Ensure effective coordination of offers processes and returns rending to issuing houses.
- Ensure the appropriateness of the key financial assumptions included in the company’s strategic policies and budgets.
- Evaluate the tax liability impact of complicated courses of action, minimize tax burden and deal with tax authorities and other government agencies (Federal & State).
- Advise management & departmental heads on major financial issues as they arise.
- Manage and maintain fixed assets schedules and depreciation schedules.
- Manage and maintain the company’s payroll system.
- Prepare and submit staff monthly pension remittances to the PFAs.
- Manage and maintain the financial accounting systems for the company.
- Coordinate/facilitate annual budget and forecasts sessions.
- Prepare annual accounts and report for consideration by Management & the Board.
- Maintain records to meet management, statutory & legal requirements.
- Provide full accounting services to the management including departmental financial analysis and exploring any potential problems with them in order to make appropriate budgetary decisions.
- Undertake such other financial analysis and reporting as requested by the management from time to time.
- Prepare and render tax returns (PAYE, VAT, WHT, etc.) as and when due.
- Plan and manage the company’s tax liabilities.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in any Management Science / Social Science related discipline preferably in Accounting, Economics or Finance.
- Professional qualification- A minimum of ACA/ACCA is compulsory while other qualifications such as ACS, ACTI, and CFA will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years post-graduate work experience with a minimum of 3 years in a strategic/similar position in the financial services sector.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th April, 2022.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
Be the first to comment