Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within, now, and for the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Support Clerk
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
Reports Directly to: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
Works Directly with: CoP, and the activity Team Members
Background and Purpose
- The Community Initiatives to Promote Peace (CIPP) is a 60-month Cooperative Agreement with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). It is implemented by Mercy Corps, in partnership with Pastoral Resolve – PARE, Interfaith Mediation Centre – IMC, Savannah Centre for Diplomacy Democracy and Development-SCDDD, African Radio Drama Association – ARDA and Social Justice and Human Development for Peace Initiative-Justice Development and Peace Commission/Caritas (JDPC).
- CIPP aims to: Promote peaceful coexistence and collaboration in Nigeria by mitigating violent conflict in at-risk communities in six states of Nigeria’s North West (Kaduna, Kano, and Katsina States) and North Central (Kogi, Benue and Plateau States) through an integrated, multifaceted program that empowers communities to prevent and respond to violence and violent extremism by strengthening key skills and relationships, and fosters an enabling environment for peace through policy advocacy, media outreach, and linkages to development programs.
General Position Summary
Mercy Corps-CIPP needs one Program Support Vlerk to follow up on the just concluded role by the program intern by specifically carrying out the following task:
- Properly arrange all items in the store
- Tidy up and maintain the office systems, including data management and filing.
- Update all store record, inventory and keep proper custody of supplies such as workshop materials and office supplies,
- Deal with appropriate request, assist Supervisor in researching and following up with action on matters which fall within the program/administrative responsibility – chasing responses, triggering follow-up action.
- Prepare a handing over note for the incoming program intern. Carryout any other administrative duties as may reasonably be required by the DCOP/COP
Finance & Compliance Management:
- Ensure compliance with donor and Mercy Corps regulations related to peace and conflict programming.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically
to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Milestone for CIPP Program Support Consultant
The accomplishment of each Milestone will be based on the successful submittal or completion of the tasks or deliverables delineated for that Milestone:
|Milestone||Description of Milestone||Required Deliverable||Means of Verification||Completion Date|
|1||Properly arrange all items in the store.||All items in the store such as T-shirts, Face cap, workshop materials, rollup banners, folders, notepads, Sash are arranged in order and easy to access||
||Every week; from August 21 to December 31|
|2||Ensure proper Office Systems, data management and filing||
||Daily, from August 21 to December 31|
|3||Developed and maintained an inventory database in monitoring and tracking system for the IEC visibility materials and other office stationaries||
||Daily, from August 21 to December 31|
|4||Provide programmatic and administrative support to team members, including state-based officers and other CIPP team members as required||
||Daily, from August 21 to December 15|
|Prepare a hand over note.||Hand over note developed and submitted to the DCoP||Approved hand over note||15 December|
- Inventory of all items in the store conducted and report produced.
- Updated record of all items in the store produced.
- All forms and records properly filed.
- Produced a handing over note for the incoming intern
- 105 Days – starting from August 2023, to December, 2023
Qualifications / Skills
- B.Sc / BA in any Social Science field
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent IT skills, including a working knowledge of presentation software packages, preferably Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Internet surfing skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, to enable professional interaction with a wide range of contacts.
- Ability to organize and plan work schedule.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- A flexible, pro-active approach to work including the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and take initiative.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one document to: email@example.com using “Program Support Clerk” as the subject of your application.
Note: Both Males and Females are highly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline 21st August, 2023.