Mercy Corps is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant job positions in their company. Interested candidates should kindly follow the job application guidelines below to apply successfully.
Mercy Corps is a global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. Mercy Corps started its operations in 1979 in Portland, USA and has since expanded to 43 countries worldwide. The organization exists to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people secure productive and just communities. Our work focuses on areas of emergency relief, sustainable economic development, gender and education. Mercy Corps has been in Nigeria since 2012 and has grown into a multi-sectoral country office with more than 350 staff across offices in Nigeria where more than 480,000 beneficiaries are served.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant (Political Economy Product)
Locations: Adamawa, Borno, Gombe, and Yobe
Employment Type: Contract
Project Title: Rural Resilience Activity (RRA)
Dates Of Service Contract: August 2022 To 31st August 2023
Length Of Service Contract: 12 Months
Program Contact Information: Humanitarian Analyst
Funding Available For Service: USAID (RRA)
Mercy Corps Responsibilities:
- Review of research methodology
- Data analysis
- Review of draft report
Field Monitors Responsibilities:
- The consultant will be engaged primarily to assist NCAT in the tasks related to political economy analysis of BAY-G States. Tasks will include but not limited to the following:
- Desk review of external literature on the NE agricultural value chain
- Support in the development of research methodology
- Support NCAT in in-depth analysis of data collected
- Report writing
- Participate and contribute during report validation
- Finalization of the product
- Any other task assigned by Mercy Corps around political economy and value chain
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Having Master’s Degree is an added advantage..
- Must at least have Basic Education, a minimum of NCE / Diploma in any field mostly preferred
- Previous experience in political economy and value chain analysis in northeast is required
- Good understanding of conflict dynamics in northeast is required.
- Context understanding
- Report writing ability is required
- Logical reasoning
- Ability to accommodate and withstand pressure
- Person who is fluent in English both oral and written
- Must be easily available/accessible (mobile phones)
- The service provider is expected to work for 6 products within the contract life circle on bi-monthly basis and payment will be made upon the completion of each product.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Submit or Attach the documents below:
- Price offer or quotation for six (6) Research products on Political Economy of Borno, Yobe, Adamawa and Gombe
- Evidence of work experience (provide sample of previous Political Analysis product done in Nigeria or similar Researches, Contracts/Purchase Orders,)
- Proposed Research Methodology Sample of Data Collection tool
Note: Exercise will be done remotely.
Application Closing Date
24th August, 2022.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters