Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Human Resource Assistant
Start Date: For the Peak Pool
Contract: 208 working hours per month and flexibility is required
- MSF has been active in Katsina since February 2021 after carrying an exploratory mission that end up with an opening of the project under the Emergency-Cell.
- Currently, MSF is running an ITFC (Inpatient Therapeutic Feeding Centre) in Katsina in the Kofar Sauri PHCC and Turai Yar’Adua Hospital and 8 ATFC (Ambulatory Therapeutic Feeding Centre) including four in Jibia LGA (Magama, Daddara, Gubi Magaria, Riko, Mashi, Majigiri and Sonkaya) and one in Katsina City (Kofar Marusa).
- Perform administrative tasks and follow up on accounting management, respecting the instructions of the Administration Manager and MSF procedures, in order to ensure compliance with laws and maintain strict control over monetary resources.
- Perform administrative and legal tasks under the supervision of the Administration Manager, verify the calculation of salaries and update personnel files to ensure correct, compliant and timely payments.
- Implement financial management procedures, to ensure optimal control and security and to ensure the availability of funds.
- Prepare employment contracts in accordance with legal requirements, including when necessary, specific modifications, in order to ensure compliance with local labor and tax laws.
- Enter data into the HR database and personal files, keep them up to date in order to facilitate the management of HR procedures.
- Update employee social security and tax records to meet regulatory requirements and obligations.
- Develop monthly payslips for all staff, edit and update data as necessary to ensure timeliness and accuracy of staff salaries.
- Develop the latest payslip and work certificates at the end of the contract in order to meet regulatory requirements while defending the interests of MSF.
- Follow up on expiring rental contracts and notify the Administration Manager in time to arrange a renewal or to find another alternative.
- Stock follow-up for office and guest house supplies, by carrying out monthly request and inventory with use of stock cards
- Supervise closely the cleaners and cooks
- Share with HR Manager frequent HR report on contract status of national staff; end of probation notification, end of contract notification, leave balances, etc
- Preparing briefing agenda for staff arriving the project, both Expats and National staff
- Preparing Per diem for staff
- Assist the HR manager in the recruitment process when required
- Assist the Finance Manager in the finance monthly closing.
- Assist the Administration Manager with monthly budget forecasts and planning in order to be able to ensure the settlement of daily needs, salary advances, salaries, etc.
- Process payments to suppliers and maintain strict control over all required documents, reporting any discrepancies to the Administration Manager.
- Perform all accounting tasks and activities, to ensure strict control over all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- Make all administrative information accessible to all staff (assignments, meetings, etc.)
- File and prepare all accounting items required by the Finance Manager.
- Classify the accounting files and enter the accounting elements into the accounting software (Unifield), with the support of the Administration Manager and / or the Accounting Manager (ACMA).
- Assist the Administration Manager with the translation of documents into the local language. Assist the Administration Manager in meetings on request.
- Performing any other task, specific to his/her area of specialty, as defined in his/her job description and according to the line manager.
- Preferably a Degree related to Accounting, Business or Management
- Prior work experience of at least 4 years in relevant professions.
- Essential, local language commandment desirable, mission working language (English)
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet)
- People Management, Commitment, Flexibility, Results, Teamwork
According to MSF France salary grid.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11th May, 2023; 1:00PM
- Applications should be submitted on or before the closing date.
- Only successful applicants will be called for next steps.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation
Enter your email address below and get more Updates like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is FREE
Like our Facebook page for direct updates
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, and career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans, and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant to secure a job, loan, grant, or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are free of charge
Leave a Reply