Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is currently seeking to recruit competent professionals suitable for the position of a Logistics Supervisor. Interested candidates should kindly follow the guidelines listed below to apply successfully.
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) Recruitment 2023
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Supervisor
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Type: Indefinite
Main Objective and Responsibility of the Position
- Supervising the daily logistics activities and providing maintenance to the MSF equipment, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission.
- Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards
- Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person’s task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities
- Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards and Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks
- Managing and following up orders which includes collecting logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper, makes local purchases according to MSF supply procedures and ensures reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment.
- Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager’s supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor’s instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices
- Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards
MSF Section / Context – Specific Accountabilities
- In charge of managing Office administrative activities, Such as drafting renovation and maintenance contracts. In addition, updating the contract sequence file.
- Facility and Base maintenance activities of the Sokoto Office, Expats /Guest Houses and Warehouses.
- Following up with the ICT Requirements for the project; performing updates of the computers, anti-virus; related applications approved for MSF Operations and monthly performing back up of the NAS. In addition, in charge of internet payments follow up to make sure the payments are done on timely manner.
- Planning together with watchmen supervisor the roster, follow up with watchmen for the visitor registration notebook, follow up watchmen daily handover notebook, attending regular meeting with watchmen supervisor for payments and other challenges.
- Insure all facilities electricity bills, water bills and monthly rent of all facilities are paid on time.
- In charge of doing inventory for all the items in the facilities and do a proper key management for all the locations.
- Coordination and leading the logistics team under his responsibility, he is the line manager of maintenance agent, labourer and watchmen
- Responsible for filing system. Make sure physical and soft structural data base are in place according to LogAdmin kit structure
- Responsible for the planning and follow up with monthly facilities maintenance check list file.
Requirements (Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge)
To apply for this role applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Essential Secondary Education and formal technical training
- At least one year in MSF or 2 years in a similar post out of MSF
- Mission language essential and Hausa language desirable
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles and Stress Management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
After filling out the form, submit your CV, Cover letter, licenses and necessary credentials only to: email@example.com with “LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR” as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
- No Transportation and Allowance will be provided during the recruitment process.
- Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
- Lastly, only one online application form should be submitted as multiple submissions will not be considered.
- MSF is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity within the organization
Application Deadline 14th February 2023 (5:00 PM)
Enter your email address below and get more Updates like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is FREE
Like our Facebook page for direct updates
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, and career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans, and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant to secure a job, loan, grant, or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Be the first to comment