MainOne Cable is recruiting suitably qualified candidates. Interested candidates are urged to apply. MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Support Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
- The Field Support Engineer will be responsible for the second line network troubleshooting, restoration, and fault management support on the elements and components of the Main One network and assist clients in solving complex technical issues.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot Main One’s network providing a specific update, status, and performance of all network components, capacity services etc.
- Identify and provide at least second line support on all faults on the Main One network in accordance with the Company’s standard operating procedure for fault handling, restoration, escalation, and management.
- Troubleshoot Microwave radio links’ issues in a timely manner. Focus is on; Dragon Wave HC+, Ceragon SDH radio & Ceragon IP 10.
- Responsible for structure cabling, PATs, and onsite installations supervision to ensure that standards and quality are maintained all times.
- Carry out LOS requests and provide LOS reports in clear terms with minimal supervision.
- Assembling, Commissioning and Installation of MW radios such as Dragon Wave HC+Ceragon SDH radio & Ceragon IP 10 with varying antennae sizes.
- Accurate auditing, recording, and management of company assets deployed at clients’ site
- Ensure all customer SLAs are met.
- Ensures consistent up-time of networks and engages in preventive maintenance and routine checkup.
- Maintain and ensure full compliance with all Main One’s Field Support Engineer processes and procedures
- Ensure safe decommissioning of equipment and making them fit for reuse.
- Confer with customers in initial deployment troubleshooting, as well as in the initial debugging of new hardware and software.
- Report site(s) conditions to the network operating center.
- Interpret link budget (LBs) and survey reports (SRs) to effectively carry out onsite/installation activities.
- Work comfortably at heights up to 120m with total regard for safety and good work ethics.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Minimum qualifications – ONC / OND / Higher grade level inappropriate discipline or subjects.
- A good understanding of Ethernet and wireless networks
- At least 7 years of previous experience working in Wireless and Wired technology (Ceragon, RADWIN, UBIQUITY, etc)
- Knowledge of Microwave and optics transmission systems required with power proficiency.
- Ability to interpret topography, network design maps, and AutoCAD Designs
- Good experience in power management/ first level Power handling (DC and AC)
- Knowledge of a vendor network management system
- Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
- Must have a high level of computer literacy to be able to configure PC IP settings, use basic IP testing and be competent in the use of Microsoft office products (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Should be able to use basic test equipment such as Multimeters/Spectrum Analysers/BER Testers
- Should be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of Microwave antennae installation and commissioning.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- U.S. Mission Job Recruitment 2020/2021 | Job Vacancy – Apply Now
- Dangote Integrated Skills Acquisition Institute Recruitment for Instructors / Lecturers – Apply Now
- Landmark University Senior Non-Academic Job Recruitment (4 Positions) – Apply Now
- Carlcare Development Nigeria Limited Recruitment 2020/2021 Job Vacancies (3 Positions) – Apply Here
- World Bank Recruitment 2020/2021: Job Vacancies for (3 Positions) – Apply Now
- IHS Towers Technical Skills Acquisition Program (TSAP) 2020 – Apply Here
- Female Customer Service Representative at SIMS Nigeria Limited – Apply Now
- Nigeria Police Recruitment 2020: Screening Dates Has Been Announced – Check NPF Exams Centres
- Wema Bank Plc ALAT Student Ambassador Program 2020 – Apply Here
- Site Supervisor in an Oil and Gas Company based in Lagos – Apply Now
- Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) Job Recruitment 2020/2021 – Apply Here
- Accountant Job at HALLMARK GLOBAL PETROLEUM LTD Jobs in Nigeria – Apply Now
- Nakenohs Retail Boulevard Job Vacancy – Apply Now
- INEC Recruitment 2020/2021 | Job Vacancy and Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Now
- Agary Pharmaceutical Limited Recruitment 2020/2021 – Apply Now
- The Federal College of Education, Yola Recruitment 2020 Form – Apply Now
- Embassy of Belgium Recruitment 2020 | Embassy of Belgium in Abuja Job Vacancy – Apply Now
- Airline Operators of Nigeria (AON) Recruitment 2020/2021 Application Form Portal
- Tizeti Network Limited recruitment for Customer Support Representatives – Apply Now
- Five Facts About How To Apply For OPEC Fund Recruitment 2020 – That Will Blow Your Mind
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Jobs in Nigeria Now!
Get more jobs like this in your email for free!
- Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- LIKE our Facebook page for direct updates
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for updates
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here
Leave a Reply