Maersk Line is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant job positions in their company. Interested candidates should kindly follow the job application guidelines below to apply successfully.
Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Control Officer
Job Requisition ID: R35020
Job Type: Full time
- As a Business Control Officer, you will assist the Area Finance Manager and the Area Customer Service Managers in setting up and maintaining procedures and controls for operations and operational finance in the Country.
- More so, you will work closely and report to the Area BCO/AFM and ensure the integrity and conformity of operational finance processes within the country adheres to Global standards and other APM -Moller guidelines and Control Manuals.
Logistics and Services:
- Review ERP and other operational systems interfaces transferred to FACT / SAP (or any other accounting systems). Ensure differences get resolved by Error Handlers and ensure that operational transactions are accurately, adequately, and completely recorded in the required timeframes
- Have control over quality, accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of Revenue by monitoring timeliness and accuracy of estimates, timeliness of customer invoicing, ensuring and controlling approvals of credit notes in line with authority matrix, and ensuring timely and accurate invoicing/accruals in operational files
- Have Control over quality, accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of Costs by monitoring timeliness of creating POs, reviewing open POs (POs without IRs, workflows without PO), and releasing where appropriate.
- Review profitability of jobs on a weekly basis with a particular emphasis on ensuring all loss-making jobs are signed-off by the appropriate authority (defined in the Area Local authority matrix) and that each job shows the most accurate Contribution Margin according to the knowledge at that moment
- Ensure deviations from planned Control Margin and actual Control Margin are reported, monitored, and controlled
- Act as a business partner to resolve Segregation of duties conflicts (if any), revenue leakages, and contingencies that could result in a loss
- Monitor Hard Close of jobs and re-opening
- Monitor FTHR compliance
- Drive and support Logistics and Services Health Dashboard KPI’s supporting and challenging the KPI owners for all operational finance-related KPIs
- Optional: Warehouse, CHB, or other non-standard product control activities (depending on local setup and resourcing)
- Enable 100% Internal control closure using the archer tool by ensuring control activities are performed as required.
- Ensure that necessary documentary evidence, records are created and provided as required in the Control Manual, fraud guidelines, and other applicable APMM guidelines
- Assist the Country FM, Area FM, and CX Managers during Audits and other reviews, typically working closely with the CX department during such reviews
- Monitor Soft Close of jobs and re-opening
- Ensure SOPs are updated and relevant as per the current organizational mode of operations.
- Ensure every function adheres to the standard operating procedures guiding their processes.
- Implement internal control procedures with a Counter release process that would enhance controls reducing risks of error and fraud
- Enable 100% RICC closure using the archer tool by ensuring control activities are performed as required.
- Perform ad-hoc Global and local authority matrix audits with a focus on compliance.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates must be a certified ACCA or ICAN professional
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in Audit.
- A sound knowledge level of finance/control requirements and processes, preferably through hands-on experience is required
- SAP ERP and Business Warehouse knowledge is an advantage
- Knowledge of Process Automations and Digital Platforms is an advantage
- A strong understanding of processes within Ocean freight, Air freight, Supply Chain Management, and Land-based services (VAS) is also an advantage.
- Big 4 consulting experience is required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Power BI is a must – have
- Strong analytical and excellent communication skill is required
- We offer you exciting career opportunities with an international reach to further expand your experience through our diversity-focused and award-winning talent development initiatives.
- Energizing and pioneering, this is also an environment that keeps you motivated. You’ll be joining a values-led, genuinely diverse, and talented team that is passionate about being there for employees, and for each other.
- We strive to deliver the right environment for the right people while fostering a culture of fairness, mutual respect, responsibility, and care for our business and our customers.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters