Lekki Freeport Terminal Recruitment 2022 for a Resource Supervisor – The Lekki Freeport Terminal is currently recruiting competent professionals suitable for the position of a Resource Supervisor. Interested candidates should kindly follow the descriptions listed below to apply.
Lekki Freeport Terminal is the only Container Terminal Operator in Nigeria’s only deep seaport.It is set to become the largest container terminal in Nigeria and West Africa with enormous potential of becoming fully automated thereby contributing to the large trading operations of Nigeria and indeed, West Africa. The premise on which Leeki Freeport Terminal will operate is to connect global maritime trade to Nigeria and the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Resource Supervisor (Local – within Nigeria)
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Shift Manager
- This position covers both project implementation and operational phase and covers the overall charge of the day-to-day management of manpower in the operations department.
- Ensure proper coordination with all concerned parties in a professional manner to successfully achieve the goals and objectives established by senior management as well as to satisfy the expectation of all stakeholders.
- Pay an effective role in the project implementation phase.
- Take an effective part to develop applications to manage manpower smartly (requirement gathering, confirmation, testing, training, etc).
- Prepare JDs for frontline team members considering their role and responsibility according to the organization chart.
- Prepare & implement training plan & material for front line team.
- Prepare & implement operational business processes and SOPs.
- Prepare different modules of rosters to use available manpower effectively.
- Work closely with other functions and departments to execute the implementation of systems.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategic initiatives that will prepare the terminal for future implementation.
- Meet stakeholders and customers to share, align and agree on operational and planning man-management requirements while providing training when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Actively follow and promote the LFT Safety and Security policies and ensure that fellow employees and visitors are doing the same.
- Manage, motivate, and instruct all his team members. Structure tasks and goals, establish efficient courses of action, set priorities, organize information, and efficiently execute daily tasks with consideration to high productivity and efficient utilization of equipment and labor resource.
- Execute strategies for all operations-related activities, in line with & contributing to the company vision & strategy, within the borders of the business plan & budget.
- To productively conduct and lead operational meetings with the Team and make sense out of that activity by resolving issues and making sure that all operations problems are resolved.
- To make certain that all departmental activities are always conducted professionally and safely.
- To fully control and coordinate the daily allocation of manpower considering the expected workload, making sure that these requirements are sufficient to serve the daily plan activities. Also, to properly pay attention to the condition and maintenance of all tools handling gears.
- To responsibly safeguard sensitive information in some critical areas in the Terminal.
- To closely look into the Cost Control measures making sure that those measures are implemented and in line with the approved budget.
- To systematically manage all reports needed by the internal & external clients by generating such reports promptly, as required by the Port Procedure.
- To effectively coordinate with all concerned with regards to Terminal Operation System and Billing systems, ensuring that all data requirements by Billing and Finance are provided by Operations within the prescribed time.
- Ensure that all operations manpower requirements are executed by priorities set by the operations management and escalate where changes may be required.
- Monitor continuous operations at shift changeover times and rest break changeovers and take appropriate action in case of any discrepancy found.
- Plan, track, and control all types of leaves from the operations department, following operations and HR guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned
Critical Success Factors
- Project milestones related to execution are achieved and have no delays.
- Departmental readiness for trials and commercial operating date (go live).
- Successful departmental build-up as per project timeline.
- Successful labour management application implementation.
- Preparation of JDs of all roles comes under operations execution
- Preparation of SOPs for all roles comes under operations execution
- Preparation of training material for all roles comes under operations execution.
- Team Building.
- Strict implementation of all SOPs.
- Ensure availability of required manpower for every shift.
- Ensure that all the staff under operations execution are treated equally.
- Ensure maintaining the performance record of every individual.
- Maintain a safe & reliable work environment and achieve all KPIs.
- Maintain proper coordination with HR.
- Understand the importance of reporting and keep updating the management team with all developments as per set protocol.
- Prepare all required reports.
- In case of any exceptional situation, take the charge and lead the team in all aspects.
- Maintain a proper record of all the incidents and conduct the investigation with the HSSE team and ensure proper signoff
- Indoor / Outdoor: Indoor & Outdoor
- Onshore/Offshore: Onshore
- Heights: No
- Hours of Work: General Shift
- On-Call: Yes
- Contact after Hours: Yes
Does the job involve travel?
- Local – Lagos: Limited
- National – Nigeria: Limited
- International: Rare
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree preferably in a Logistics / Operations Management, Logistics, Business Administration, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in container terminal operations environment in a supervisory role.
- Experience in managing manpower rosters, maintaining their record, and coordinating with HR
- Experience in Greenfield or brownfield project implementation is an advantage.
- Previous experience as a foreman, supervisor, superintendent, or other similar position would be expected as a natural progression to this position.
- Familiar with the strict implementation of international standards of safe working practices within marine, stevedoring, and terminal operations.
- In-depth, comprehensive understanding of Maritime industry container terminal operations, especially vessel cargo logistics, hazardous cargo, break-bulk, and special cargo handling requirements and equipment.
- Advanced computer skills with a sound understanding of modern terminal planning and control systems.
- Experience with NAVIS N4 and participation in its implementation is an advantage.
- Experience in process optimization.
- In deep knowledge of resource management, coordination with stack holders, and leading the team.
- Requires some understanding of accounting, billing, and associated documentation.
- Requires understanding of general labour law.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills combined with good counseling and listening skills.
- Strong drive to deliver results
- Sensitive to cultural diversity and experience in a multicultural environment, regarding employees, local authorities, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work under a pressure environment with a constant change of priorities.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate outside and across the organization. (Well-developed English oral, written communications, and report writing skills. Also, must have a working knowledge of the Pidgin English)
- Ability to work on weekends, nights, holidays, and for a long period.
- Analysis: Locating or extracting relevant information that is critical to problem-solving.
- Change: Initiating and implementing new ways of thinking and doing.
- Coaching: Guiding and motivating others in maximizing job performance.
- Conflict Management: Facilitating problem resolution while maintaining working relationships.
- Customer-focused: Building relationships with internal and external customers.
- Decisiveness: Evaluating information or situations, assuming the risks, and making judgments.
- Integrity: Adhering to a code of standards or values.
- Leadership: Envisioning organizational excellence and motivating others to aspire to that state.
- Planning: Strategizing for both the short and the long term.
- Quality-focused: Supporting the needs of product and service excellence.
Application Closing Date
6th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE