Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Lead Telecommunication Engineer
Location: Lagos Island, Nigeria
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Job Type: Contract
Job Shift: Day
Duration: 4 Weeks
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Must be familiar with relevant codes and standards, oil and gas industry design specifications and practices, and a thorough working knowledge of the latest design engineering and analytical techniques and software programs
- Knowledge of DEPs would be a considerable advantage.
- Capable of representing and engaging clients in own capacity showing the highest level of skill and expertise in addressing client concerns.
- Ensure ease of constructability is considered in all Telecommunication related technical solutions/deliverables.
- Able to perform Concept, FEED, Detailed Design, and Fabrication Design, as applicable.
- Hands-on capability to elaborate complete design documents and drawings with the assistance of the assigned personnel.
- Ability to develop project-specific engineering solutions without supervision in order to meet the project goals.
- Ability to use relevant software for Telecommunication engineering with an advanced level of understanding of design calculations and result in interpretation.
- Commissioning and start-up assistance is an advantage.
- Design of Fibre Optic Cable to connect different project new and existing installations.
- Update telecoms design philosophy and specifications (e.g. cabling, LAN/WAN, CCTV, PAS and Telephone system).
- Prepare Bill of Materials for all telecom packages and equipment (Cabling, LAN/WAN, CCTV, PAS and Telephone system).
- Provide information for system requirements for integration and interfacing with the existing facilities (CCTV, PAS, etc.).
- Determine numbers and positions of surveillance cameras.
- Produce all requisite detailed drawings including the following:
- Technical Electrical and Control Buildings layout location drawings showing telecoms closets locations, junction box locations, cable routes, etc.
- LAN/WAN and Telephone schematic diagrams.
- Cabling layout.
- Camera support and installation drawing showing the interface with existing CCTV system.
- System schematic diagram for the Technical Electrical and Control Buildings up to the tie in of the existing facilities.
- As-built schematics.
- Drawings for new telecoms installations considering vendor-supplied information.
- Datasheets required for the requisition and purchase of all telecoms packages and equipment.
- Provide information for expediting Vendor data drawings and resolve Vendor technical queries.
- Prepare requisition packages for all telecoms equipment.
- Prepare earthing and lightning protection system and bonding details (for telecoms systems).
- Carry out a technical review of bids and bid evaluation.
- Prepare materials take-offs based upon schedules, layouts, routing diagrams and drawings, and include all cabling, junction boxes, cable trays, etc.
- Provide the information required to expedite activities of Manufacturers/Vendors and certifying authorities to ensure compatibility and correct operation of all telecoms equipment.
- Provide information for FAT, SAT, SIT, etc.
- Produce the Telecoms Design Data Book to be incorporated in the overall Design Data Book.
- Gender: Does not matter
- Age: 25 Years – 55 Years
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in Telecommunication Engineering in the relevant sector.
- Minimum 2 years successfully functioning as Lead Engineer.
- Minimum Qualification: B. Sc in Electric or Electronic Engineering Discipline. A Master’s Degree and/or relevant specialized training in Telecommunication are mandatory. An MBA would be a considerable advantage
- Excellent written and spoken English is mandatory.
- COREN Certification is an advantage.
- Experience in both onshore and offshore design is an advantage.
- Construction and site supervision experience is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
29th July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Subscribe to Blog via Email