Apply for the Lagos State Government Graduate Internship Placement Programme (GIPP) for unemployed graduates (40,000 Naira Monthly Stipend) -http://gipplasg.lagosstate.gov.ng.
Lagos State Government Graduate Internship Placement Programme (GIPP)
As part of efforts to reduce the rate of unemployment in Lagos State, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has approved Internship Programme for 4,000 unemployed graduates in line with the T.H.E.M.E.S Agenda of the present administration and the Youth Development Programme of the State.
The Graduate Internship Placement Programme (GIPP) is designed to give candidates the opportunity to develop employability and work-ready skills that are needed in securing gainful employment.
The Internship Programme will be addressing the third and fourth pillars of the present administration’s T.H.E.M.E.S agenda, which are Education and Technology and Making Lagos a 21st Century Economy, while the beneficiaries will be paid a monthly stipend of
N40,000 for the six months duration of the internship.
- Interested applicants must possess NYSC Certificates or letters of exemption, and must be registered residents of the State with Lagos State Residents Registration Agency, LASRRA.
- At the end of the internship period, interns would have gained valuable applied work experience, built up their professional skills and would have been exposed to possible entrepreneurial opportunities to strengthen their professional skills and interpersonal relationship.
How it works
GIPP is a go-to platform for early-career professionals to get discovered by employers.
1. Create an account: Register on the platform by filling in your bio-data and required information
2. Preliminary assessment: Take standard assessments to test your aptitude and basic skills
3. Get noticed by employers : Employer view candidate’s profile and reach out to qualified graduates
How do I register as a graduate?
2. Select ‘Graduate’
3. Type in your preferred email, password and personal information in the boxes on the screen
4. Check your email inbox for a confirmation email from GIPP (check your spam folder also).
5. Click on the link in the confirmation email to confirm your new GIPP account
6. Complete the registration process, upload your birth certificate, CV, and statement of result.
7. Take assessment – Graduates will have to retake the assessment after 7 days if they fail
Can I apply for a job as a graduate on GIPP?
Graduates cannot apply for jobs on GIPP, they are contacted by interested employers.
Completing your profile will help you get noticed faster.
Who can benefit from GIPP?
Graduates seeking job opportunities/internship placements and employers seeking to hire graduates are the major benefactors of this platform
Do I get automatically hired if I pass the assessment?
No, interested employers will contact you for employment
Is GIPP only for Lagos State residents?
Yes, GIPP is for only lagos state residents
How does an employer contact a graduate?
An employer interested in a graduate will contact the graduate through the platform
What should I do to be successful with GIPP?
A completed profile and high assessment scores makes you more visible to employers.
Is employment through GIPP permanent?
Duration of employment through GIPP depends on the employer’s needs
Is employment full-time or part-time?
Status of employment through GIPP depends on the employer’s needs
Are there benefits for completing my profile?
Yes, a completed profile makes you more visible to employers.
How are employers vetted?
1. Employers are required to submit legal documents
2. The documents are verified by issuing agencies to ensure authenticity of the employer.
Are there scholarships on GIPP?
No, they aren’t scholarships on GIPP
What is logbook?
The logbook helps the employers keep track of the performance and progress of hired graduates.
Payments of hired graduates are processed after the log book is completed by the graduate and signed by the employer.
What is the implication of not filling logbook?
Hired graduates with logbooks unsigned by their employers will not receive payment for the month.
Is my information public?
Your information is only visible to Lagos State Government and Employers registered on GIPP
For More Information visit http://gipplasg.lagosstate.gov.ng
How you will be updated regularly
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here