Lagos Business School is committed to creating and transmitting management and business knowledge based on a Christian conception of the human person and of economic activity relevant to Nigeria and Africa at large.
We strive to be a world class business school which will have a significant impact on the practice of management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the Dean
Job Code: EAD20
- The Executive Assistant to the Dean will provide high level strategic and tactical support to the Dean to ensure seamless coordination of the School’s administration.
- He/She will facilitate the realization of LBS’s strategic objectives by coordinating and monitoring the articulation of short, medium- and long-term goals of the units in line with the overall strategy of the school.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide a high level of expertise and operational leadership in the Office of the Dean to help determine and accomplish the organization’s goals and objectives effectively.
- Monitor the implementation of the School’s strategy and facilitate its periodic review.
- Provides research and analysis to prepare briefing materials for the Dean. Manages multiple tasks with competing deadlines. Responds to routine & non-routine inquiries regarding the school and its operations, policies and procedures. Forwards situations and issues presented by staff, faculty and external constituents to appropriate employees for resolution.
- Work closely with the Dean and unit heads to identify and advance strategic priorities, including providing leadership for special projects and programs on behalf of the Dean.
- Independently initiate high-level contacts of a sensitive nature regarding routine & non-routine issues internally and externally requiring a high degree of discretion, diplomacy, and time sensitivity. Understands the program goals and priorities of the executive, in order to prioritize issues according to urgency.
- Conduct research and make proposals on school development and realization of its objectives and facilitate the execution of strategic initiatives for the various business units of the School.
- Provides administrative and technical assistance on a wide range of special projects as assigned by Dean.
- Develop and manage relationships with partners and institutions aimed at building collaborations beneficial to the School.
- Function as a work leader to direct and oversee assignments for the Dean’s office Personal Assistant and Research Assistant
- Prepare, respond and assist in the decision making of confidential correspondence and or documents in a timely manner to meet the needs of internal and external customers in accordance with the School policies and procedures.
- Attend meetings with the Dean where necessary. Participate in decision-making groups and implementation of policy and oversee the follow-up for all items discussed. Draw on information or suggest items for the agenda based on judgment and prepare agenda in consultation with the Dean. Records minutes or notes of meetings as required.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Dean.
- Good first degree in the field. An MBA or master’s degree would be an advantage.
- Membership of relevant professional association/institute is desired.
- Minimum of 8 years post-graduation work experience with at least 5 years at managerial level.
- Good judgment, tact, diplomacy, ability to work well with individuals and groups within and outside the School.
- Strong Leadership and Strategic Planning skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of employees; both verbally and in writing, with excellent editing and proofreading ability
- Flexibility: may require out of station travel
- Proficiency in office productivity and collaboration tools.
- Sound report writing skills.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to multi-task with demanding time-frames.
- Ability to write concisely, express thoughts clearly and develop ideas in a logical sequence
- Strong ability to work independently and as a team member.
- High integrity, reliability and confidentiality.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong Customer service-related people skills and problem-solving skills as this position is generally the first contact and has significant responsibility in representing the school.
- Conscientious attention to detail and commitment to accuracy in all areas.
- Must demonstrate punctuality, good attendance, and strong work ethics in all areas.
Note: Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted
Application Deadline 8th September, 2020.
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Jobs in Nigeria Now!
Get more jobs like this in your email for free!