Job Recruitment at the British American Tobacco for a Logistics Executive – The British American Tobacco is recruiting candidates suitable for the position of a Logistics Executive. Interested candidates should kindly follow the descriptions below to apply.
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Executive: Inbound
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Reports To: Import Supervisor
Seniority Level: Non-management
- The job holder shall be responsible for proper handling of all inbound logistics and develop effective partnerships with suppliers to ensure importation process of materials import into the country and clearing are smooth to enhance production volume and right value. O
- ur new colleague shall have ability to identify good opportunity to reduce demurrage cost.
- Ensure that accurate information is provided by planner to provide PFI and PO for Form M Processing.
- Ensure that the information provided on the PFI is checked for correctness to avoid delays.
- Follow up on PO registration of form M with banks and customs.
- Scan & Send approved Form M to the supplier immediately.
- Prepare funding on receipt of approved Form M
- Follow up with Treasury to confirm funding
- Follow up with the allocated bank for LC draft issuance
- Ensure correctness of information provided on draft LC
- Ensure timely follow up with allocated BANK on LC transmission.
- Minimization of cost through effective use of resources.
- Ensure good housekeeping in the warehouse at all time.
- Provide ways of ensuring documentation process are followed with less difficulty
- Ensure accuracy of PFI.
- Request for Bank allocation on receipt of PFI
- Ensure that the information written / provided manually on the Form M, Insurance & LC is correct.
- Follow up with the Form M approvals to ensure timeliness.
- Ensure that completed & approved copies of Form M, Insurance, LC and PFI are sent to the allocated Banks.
- Interested candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or HND in any numerical or financial courses.
- Ability to work under pressure and with less supervision.
- Sound Analytical skills and ability to work with figures.
- Good inter-personal communication skills.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Import processes.
- Experience in an FMCG handling large number of SKUs preferably with a manufacturing organization sufficient to demonstrate understanding of products.
- In addition to this, a good knowledge of computer will be an advantage.
Competitive salary package + excellent benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
Be the first to comment