The Ireland Fellows Programme 2024/25 is now open for applications. Candidates from eligible African countries and region invited to send in their applications. The Africa Scholarship is open to candidates from Lesotho and Zimbabwe who will be commencing at the beginning of the academic year 2024/25.
Early to mid-career professionals from eligible countries, with leadership potential are given the chance to benefit from a prestigious, qualitative and world-class education through the Ireland Fellows Programme and thereafter will contribute to capacity building. Selected students are offered the opportunity to undertake one-year master’s level study at a higher education institution (HEI) in Ireland with a fully funded scholarship package.
Eligibility Criteria | Ireland Fellows Programme Africa Scholarship
While the Ireland Fellows Programme [Africa] is open to Africans commencing at the beginning of the 2024/2025 academic year, the applicant must:
- Be a resident national of one of the following countries: Lesotho and Zimbabwe
- Have a minimum of two or three years’ work experience that is directly relevant to your proposed programme(s) of study, depending on the country (see the Guidance Note for Applicants).
- Hold a bachelor’s level academic qualification from an accredited and government-recognised higher education institution, with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0 scale).
- Not already hold a qualification at master’s level or higher. Not currently undertaking a programme at master’s level or higher, or be due to start a programme at master’s level or higher in the academic year 2024/25.
- Be applying to commence a new programme at master’s level in Ireland no sooner than August 2024.
- Please refer to the official website for full eligibility conditions (link below)
The award covers:
- university application fees
- tuition fees
- examination and other fees
- economy travel to and from your country of residence to Ireland;
- settling in allowance, book allowance and study allowance
- a monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover other living expense for you only and
- the costs of an entry clearance (student visitor visa) application
How to Apply: Interested and eligible candidates for the Ireland Fellows Programme African Scholarship 2023/24 should click here or click the ‘Apply Now’ button on the official site to begin application.
Application Deadline: 31 July, 2023