IPAS Nigeria : Recruitment Application Portal Now Open: Click Here to Apply: IPAS Nigeria has opened its recruitment portal and is accepting applications from interested and qualified candidates to fill the vacant job positions. Interested applicants should kindly follow the application process contained in this article to apply successfully.
IPAS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ending preventable deaths and disabilities from unsafe abortions. Through local, national and global partnerships, IPAS works to ensure women can obtain safe, respectful and comprehensive abortion care; including counseling and contraception to prevent unintended pregnancies.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Reference No.: R421
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Accounting Manager will work with the Accounts Payable Associate and Staff Accountant and support all US company accounting entries. This position will also manage revenue recognition, grant receivable, and Restricted Net Assets posting and reconciliation. In addition, this position will process all US based staff payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- The Accounting Manager is a critical member of the global Finance team managed from Chapel Hill, NC. They will be expected to collaborate with members of multiple functional units and across many of our country offices. They must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing system to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions. Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Complies with all state and federal payroll tax laws in the processing of bi-weekly payroll
- Reconcile 941’s to the general ledger quarterly
- Reconcile various state payroll tax liabilities to the general ledger and investigate variance
- Assist with the Annual 401K audit
Grant Receivables Tracking and Revenue Recognition:
- Track and post grant receivables in the accounting system. Monitor and investigate delayed payments or unusual payments for proper coding and accounting treatment. Work with regional finance managers for payments received in country offices to ensure accurate reporting.
- Record revenue recognition entries for restricted and unrestricted donor awards. Investigate variances.
- Reconcile grant receivables and temporarily restricted net assets to the general ledger monthly.
General Ledger support:
- Review and approve entries made by the Accounts Payable Associate and Staff Accountant
- Review new supplier and associated banking setups
- Review month end account analysis and investigate issues as needed
- Investigate and resolve any general ledger irregularities submitted by Ipas staff in relation to donor reports
- Assist Controller with the annual audit
- Review supplier invoices for proper coding and support
- Prepare month end allocation entries and review entries prepared by the Staff Accountant
- Assist the Controller with the completion of the form 990
- Support Accounts Payable Associate with the completion of 1099’s
- Research and assist with the preparation of any additional tax compliance needs as they arise
- Provide accounting support to enhance the business decision process as needed.
- Ensure organization accounting policies, procedures, and controls are followed when working with business partners and provide support as needed.
- With guidance, lead initiatives to proactively address problems, challenges and changes while presenting practical and creative suggestions and solutions.
- Assist the Controller with special projects as needed.
- Participate in various departmental and cross-organizational initiatives and strive to continuously improve and enhance the automation of the accounting and financial reporting process
- 5+ years in a related position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent experience
- Self-directed and highly responsive
- Detail oriented, critical thinking, and inquisitive mind
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to provide accurate, timely and reliable reporting
- Experience managing payroll in a multi-state environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables
- Experience with Workday, or other comparable ERP system
- Non-profit experience CPA.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Payroll Support Registration
- N-Power Batch C Assessment
- Guaranteed Offtake Registration
- NYIF Application Portal
- Nigeria Youth Investment Fund
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here