Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Retail Payment
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- To lead retail payments / wholesale banking strategy development and translation into plan and detailed activities, with reference to Interswitch overall strategic direction.
- To manage required resources, and work collaboratively with other departments to deepen and diversify existing businesses as well as develop new ones to achieve revenue growth.
- To lead strategy implementation against a timeline and budgetary margins.
- To enhance service delivery and engage with relevant stakeholders and to share updates on progress and achieved milestones.
- Oversee deployment of retail payments / wholesale banking procedures and regulations, and handle communication and negotiation with business partners, service providers, and subsidiaries.
- Build and maintain close relationships with national, regional and local Fintech agents and investors to identify and convert investment leads into engagements with Interswitch.
- Develop and deliver a contingency plan for significant aspects of the risk management and control process.
- Develop a comprehensive view of payments risk including fraud and operational risks across channels, and help prioritize future initiatives
- Develop a personal network within the business sector and represent the organization at business sector events.
- Obtain market intelligence and enhance the visibility and reputation of the organization, its products, and its services
- Lead retail payments / wholesale banking strategy development and translation into plan and detailed activities, with reference to Interswitch strategic direction.
- Support Group Head, Banking Services, in developing retail payments / wholesale banking framework, and leverage the framework’s components during operations.
- Attend meetings led by Group Head, Banking Services, with relevant stakeholders, acquire retail payments / wholesale banking strategy, risk management processes, and share them with the execution team.
Qualifications and Requirements
- General Education – University First Degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing, Information Technology or Finance-related field.
- General Experience – At least 8 years’ relevant experience in Wholesale Banking / Retail Business Development roles ideally within reputable financial institutions.
- This will enable the job holder to deal with the majority of situations and to advise others.
- Managerial Experience – At least 4 years’ experience of planning and managing resources to deliver predetermined objectives as specified by more senior managers within limited timeframe.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Progress Intellectual College Job Recruitment Application Portal 2020/2021
- Bukkha Hospitality Limited Job Recruitment Application Portal 2020/2021
- Kloverharris Limited Job Recruitment Application Portal 2020/2021
- Mantrac Nigeria Limited Job Recruitment Registration 2020/2021
- Schneider Electric Nigeria Job Recruitment Application Portal 2020/2021
- Qarallax Nigeria Limited Job Recruitment Registration Portal 2020/2021
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Job Recruitment Application 2020/2021
- AETI Power Systems and Controls Limited Job Recruitment Portal 2020/2021
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) Job Recruitment Portal 2020/2021
- Olam Nigeria Limited Job Recruitment Application Portal 2020/2021