Interswitch Group is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant job positions in their company. Interested candidates should kindly follow the job application guidelines below to apply successfully.
Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Finance Audit
Job Type: Permanent
Department: GMD’s Office
- Reporting to the Head, Business Processes & Finance Audit, the Team Lead finance Audit will execute individual assurance, consulting, and other internal audit engagements as part of the annual risk-based internal audit plan.
- This will include developing scope for individual internal audit engagements, performing internal audit procedures including assessments of internal control over financial reporting in line with regulated environments, and technical finance and disclosure audits, and preparing internal audit reports that reflect results of work performed.
- The role requires requisite internal audit competencies, knowledge of the Nigerian regulatory framework around auditing Internal control over financial reporting; knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);, technical reporting knowledge; COSO integrated internal control implementation and International Standard for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and other global standards.
- Assist in planning Internal Control Over Financial Reporting (ICFR) related audits based on the prevailing regulatory requirement (eg CAMA or SEC rules or SOX program) aligning to standards and approaches for control design evaluation and effectiveness testing
- Conduct Internal Control Over Financial Reporting (ICFR) testing program and ensure that the documentation of testing meets quality standards, results with applicable conclusions and recommendations are properly communicated; and adequate action plans are captured
- Provide a technical accounting and finance research desk for the internal audit team across all domains in accounting standards, disclosure and reporting domains, staying abreast of key matters or emerging standards for consideration
- Perform complex financial and operational audits by reviewing the financial data of various business units within the organization to ensure all applicable audit assertions are supported
- Provide third-line assurance over balances as part of ICFR engagements or as part of other business process audit engagements
- Responsible for walkthroughs, testing, documentation, and reporting on Internal control over financial reporting (ICFR)
- Manage fieldwork with other team members and carryout first-level review of the work performed to ensure the adequacy of audit scope, testing performed, and the accuracy of conclusions reached
- Coordinate internal audit team members in planning, execution, and reporting of audit engagements
- Work with other team members when assigned to coordinate audits to ensure outputs are in line with the internal audit methodology and report to the Head, business process and financial audit of the output
- Prepare work programs for assigned audits and other documentations necessary to undertake the assigned engagement
- Communicate the results, findings and recommendations of audit projects through written reports and face-to-face presentations on a timely basis to the Head, Business Processes & Finance Audit
- Document work done in accordance with the internal audit manual and methodology and ensure that all working papers are complete, appropriately referenced and support the conclusions reached Provide timely and comprehensive feedback to Head, Business Processes & Finance Audit on implementation of assigned engagements
- Follow up on control issues and action plans, and report periodically to the Internal Audit management action plans not effectively implemented and update overdue actions database and liaise with process owners on implementation status
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Head, Business Processes & Finance Audit
- Use of CAAT tool to deliver efficient audit projects
- Maintain all Interswitch and professional ethical standards and ensure internal audit activities are carried out in compliance with The International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and IIA Code of Ethics
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, technology, and / or Social Science
- ACA, ACCA, or other accounting professional qualifications required
- CIA, CISA, and other related audit qualification
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience including internal audit external auditing; finance reporting and control with at least 3 years supervising others
- Understanding and application of internal control concepts to plan, perform, manage and report evaluations
- Experience in executing end-to-end ICFR program and strong business control experience
- Knowledge of technical accounting and International Financial Reporting Standards IFRS
- Prior experience working in Big 4 professional service firm; fintech or payment services firm; banking or other financial services firm, technology firms etc will be an advantage
- Application of best practice audit standards and latest audit techniques, and tools
- Experience in data analytics and continuous auditing
- Knowledge of fraud schemes and indicators
- Application of leading internal audit standards, risk management and control methodologies
- International Professional Practice Framework (IPPF) including International Standard for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) / Technical accounting and reporting standards
- Auditing internal control over financial reporting (ICFR/Sox) in line with applicable regulations
- Auditing business processes/cycles
- Data analytics skills & proficiency in use of CAAT
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, presentation; ability to communicate effectively across regional and/or functional line
- Critical thinking and attention to detail
- Good understanding of risks and controls for Business Processes
- Creative, self-starter, quick thinker and dedicated individual
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigo
- Team-orientation collaboration and stakeholder management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
2nd August, 2022.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters