International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2022 for a Finance Clerk – The International Rescue Committee is currently recruiting candidates suitable for the position of a Finance clerk. Interested candidates should kindly follow the guidelines listed below to apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Clerk
Requisition ID: req28388
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Position Reports to: Finance Manager
Position Directly Supervises: No
- The Finance Assistant will be a key member of the Yobe finance team and will contribute towards the achievement of the field’s finance objectives.
- Under the direction of the Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant maintains the cash books and is responsible for the accounts payable functions of the department.
- Maintain both hard and soft folders for VAT report, PAYE report, NSITF report and WHT Report.
- Ensure that all cash and bank payments documents are properly filed and stalled in the archive timely and accurately.
- Shall ensure timely distribution of cash and bank payment papers, TAFs, and bid analysis to authorizers in accordance with the operating authorization matrix.
- Diligent follow-up to ensure fully signed mandates are processed to vendor.
- Assist with capturing payments on Integra.
- Process All monthly statutory for payments.
- Grants auditing and government auditing experience.
- Tax reconciliation experience for annual returns.
- Ensure that documents for audits are retrieved accurately and in a timely manner as they become available.
- As soon as the audit is completed, ensure that all audit papers are appropriately returned to relevant boxes and stalled.
- Support the finance assistant in maintaining the receipt book and ensuring that authorized receipts are issued upon receipt of monies.
- Collect VAT reports that have been acknowledged and sent to FIRS on a monthly basis.
- Monthly NSITF receipt collection from the bank
- Any other responsibilities assigned by the supervisor
- Ensure that Financial documents from prior years are archived.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree or an HND in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 2 years working in the finance function.
- Experience working with NGOs (preferred but not a prerequisite);
- Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel,)
- Must be able to function comfortably in a loosely structured but complex work environment, working and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English with Program staff.
- Good supervisory skills, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Knack for detail. Able to communicate effectively.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Key Working Relationships:
- Report to the Snr Finance Manager/Assistant Finance Controller any irregularities that occur within the IRC office, staff compound and sites on policy and procedures.
- Reports to the Finance office
- Regular and open communication with IRC staff from all departments and field offices.
- Represents the Yobe field office for cash withdrawal with external banks.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE