The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Requisition ID: req42038
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Reports to: Finance Manager
Position directly Supervises: Finance Manager
Job Overview / Summary
- The Finance Officer is responsible for essential accounting functions including accounts payable and receivable support, report reconciliation, fund tracking, month-end, and adjusting journal entries.
- The Finance officer reports to the Finance Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Compliance check of finance documents/transactions for payment to ensure that all payments are approved as per the authority Matrix. Also, to make sure that all payments are processed within 5 working days.
- To establish good coordination with Supply Chain, HR and Program department in Coordination with other departments establish the workflow and deadlines for timely submission of the payment’s documents.
- Help in audit process for submitting documents to auditors and assisting all audit processes with Finance Manager.
- Focal person for per Diem and Consultant payments. To ensure that these payments are processed within 5 working days.
- Prepare All Required JVs on monthly basis for Month end closing.
- Preparation of the allocation for all staff every month.
- Preparation of the intercompany report every month.
- Preparation of the 2930 NY report every month.
- Preparation of the SPCA and all Pools allocation every month.
- To represent Finance team in bid opening meeting.
- Deal with HQ communications and as instructed from the supervisor.
- Follow up on the PRTS with the concerned staff from SC and other departments on closing grants to assure all expenses has been captured and reported.
- To update Balance sheet reconciliation and ensure that there are no long outstanding balances. Also, to provide justification and expected clearance date for outstanding balances.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor(s)
Key Internal Contacts:
- Country Program: Nigeria
- Region/Global: west Africa (CRRD)
- Key External Contacts: stakeholder
- Bachelor’s or HND in Business, Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Relevant professional experience in finance and accounting required; minimum of at least 3 years of progressively responsible professional experience of Accounting and Finance
- Working in INGO will be preferred.
Demonstrated Technical Skills:
- Ability to carry out work with a high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
Demonstrated Managerial/Leadership Competencies:
- Languages Fluent in English and Hausa, both spoken and written.
Computer/Other Tech Requirements:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research, and problem-solving purposes.
- Working knowledge of accounting software such as Microsoft Dynamics a plus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Enter your email address below and get more Updates like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is FREE
Like our Facebook page for direct updates
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, and career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans, and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant to secure a job, loan, grant, or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are free of charge
Leave a Reply