International Organization for Migration (IOM) Job Recruitment 2022/2023 – This is to inform the general public that International Organization for Migration (IOM) is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant job positions in their organization. Interested candidates should kindly follow the job application guidelines below to apply successfully.
International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental andnon-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for thebenefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Liaison and Reporting Assistant
CFCV No.: SVN2022.06
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
IOM Classification: G5
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Organizational Unit: Programme Support Unit (PSU)
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months with possibility of extension
- The IOM mission in Nigeria provides humanitarian support to vulnerable populations throughout the country; displaced persons, refugees/migrants and to communities in need of support. With offices in Abuja, Lagos, Maiduguri, Benin City and Yola, IOM engages with a variety of partners, authorities, and stakeholders in order to meet mission goals.
- Working under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub Office and the direct supervision of the Programme Support Coordinator, Maiduguri, the Liaison and Reporting Assistant is responsible for the following functions:
- In coordination with IOM Nigeria Abuja Protocol Unit, maintain regular communication with relevant authorities and stakeholders. Share feedback from meetings with IOM Senior Management and centralize meeting notes, circulars and relevant documentation appropriately.
- Communicate the requests and requirements from authorities in Maiduguri to the relevant IOM counterparts.
- Suggest and support follow up meetings/engagement with appropriate authorities, senior management and technical colleagues where necessary.
- Serve as the Liaison Unit focal point for knowledge management; ensuring that original and copies of official documents are appropriately drafted, disseminated (referencing and tracking) and shared on common IOM Nigeria mission platforms.
- Work with IOM Maiduguri colleagues to provide weekly input into IOM Nigeria’s internal situation reports to share unit priorities, challenges and to highlight issues requiring immediate action.
- Update and maintain the Liaison Unit action matrix and share weekly to follow up with relevant IOM team members.
- Serve as an interpreter for Head of Sub-Office and senior management when necessary or for sensitive meetings with authorities.
- Undertake duty travel to IOM sub-offices and field operations as necessary.
- In coordination with the Programme Support Unit and senior management, attend and notate relevant meetings, ensuring that draft notes are appropriately disseminated and stored.
- Support the Programme Support Unit with donor reports, PRIMA tasks, and public information tasks.
- Verify all external communication follows mission standards for both protocols and style.
- Work closely with the Programme Support and Resource Management Units to maintain harmonization of messaging on external documents, media/press releases and correspondence with authorities.
- Support administrative, programmatic and operational units on tasks requiring clearance or coordination with authorities. Maintain open communication with IOM teams to avoid contradictory messaging and to promote and monitor adherence to new regulations and protocols.
- Perform any other tasks as required.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Law, Political Science, Translation, English Literature, or a related field from an reputable institution
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in related field.
- Candidates with High School Diploma in the above fields with five years of relevant working experience with specific focus on liaising with governments and other related areas, preferably within the United Nations or International Humanitarian Organizations can also apply.
- Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines in challenging settings.
- Ability to work in multicultural and multi-ethnic environments.
- Analytical, communication, interpersonal and advocacy skills.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge the local language.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Submit Applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating the position applied for on the subject line.
Important Information and Notice
- For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” and with a subject line “SVN2022.06 Maiduguri, Nigeria. Liaison and Reporting Assistant G5”
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Failure to use the above SVN in your email subject will result to disqualification
15th February, 2022.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE