International Organization for Migration (IOM) Recruitment for a Monitoring and Reporting Officer (Sector Coordination) – The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is recruiting candidates suitable for the position of a Monitoring and Reporting Officer. Interested candidates should follow the descriptions below to apply.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Job Title: Monitoring and Reporting Officer (Sector Coordination)
Requisition: SVN 2022 104
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment: Special short-term ungraded, six months with possibility of
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Since the inception of IOM in 1951, Movement Operations have been and continue to be a fundamental pillar of the Organization’s work.
- The organized movement of persons in need of international migration assistance is a primary mandate of the Organization and a cornerstone of IOM’s operations. This mandate has resulted in the international transport of more than 15 million migrants and refugees worldwide.
- Movement Operations departments in various IOM missions, coordinated under the division of Resettlement and Movement Management (RMM) in the Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE) at IOM’s Geneva Headquarters, are responsible for all aspects of travel for migrants and refugees under IOM’s auspices, in accordance with the various framework agreements with resettlement and receiving Governments and partners across the spectrum of the Organization’s programmes.
- Under the general supervision of the Senior Programme Coordinator (Migration Management) and Head of Sub-office, Lagos, the direct supervision of Programme Manager (MPA) and the technical supervision of the Head of Operations for the Great Lakes, West and Central Africa in Uganda, is responsible for supervising all movement operations activities in Nigeria.
- Oversee up to four teams of staff members who are undertaking movement operations activities in Nigeria, including activities related to field support, movements, data processing and compliance.
- Support staff development processes such as hiring, providing training, assigning duties, and giving feedback to staff members on their performance on a regular basis to ensure high quality work and the accurate completion of activities.
- Oversee the efficient and effective management of airport services for arriving and departing individuals, including in relation to documentation, luggage, escorts, and special services.
- Ensure staff deliver the highest quality service, interact appropriately with airport and government officials, and handle urgent issues as they occur. Monitor the work schedule, validate hours, and process relevant financial paperwork in coordination with the IOM finance department.
- Oversee staff as they assist individuals at transit centers or third-party facilities.
- Monitor the weekly shift schedule, ensuring coverage is adequate to maintain a professional, safe, secure, and clean environment; address issues as they arise and continually seek ways in which IOM can improve services.
- For third party facilities, regularly conduct checks to ensure accommodation is up to IOM standards. Manage assets and inventories, process financial paperwork, supervise quality control of vendors, and manage the transit center vehicles and related schedules, staff, and paperwork, if relevant.
- Ensure interpretation services are coordinated for individuals at the airport, in transit centers, camps, consolidation points and third-party facilities or during transport by air, ground or water, handling financial paperwork related to interpretation services as needed.
- Supervise the coordination of transportation from consolidation points, transit centers and third-party facilities, ensuring service providers meet IOM standards. Oversee pre-departure counselling on pre-embarkation procedures and special needs, such as meals, medication, wheelchairs, and medical conditions.
- Oversee the completion of all bookings by Movements staff members in accordance with the Handbook of IOM Tariffs (HIT).
- Ensure compliance with program-specific SOPs and supervise the distribution of travel information to stakeholders.
- Supervise the handling of at-risk and sensitive cases in accordance with IOM’s policies, procedure, and guidance in the Movement Management Manual (MMM), including assistance for unaccompanied refugee minors (URMs). Ensure IOM is adequately training staff members on working with at-risk and sensitive cases and is mainstreaming prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) through the awareness and training sessions for staff and service-providers.
- Supervise quality assurance procedures, ensuring checks are being regularly undertaken by staff members and incident reports are being submitted to and responded to in an efficient manner.
- Prepare statistics and report regularly to the Programme Manager (MPA) on relevant activities.
- Work to streamline how reports are prepared and presented in order to improve services and ensure data on all procedures is compiled, summarized, and presented in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of relevant Movement Operations SOPs and Movements-related systems and databases (including iGATOR, MiMOSA, SAR, and Amadeus), as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial, and unbiased during all interactions with migrants and colleagues per the IOM Code of Conduct and instruction on the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert Programme Manager (MPA) or management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
- Oversee the creation of movement data files and oversee Movements staff members as they compile and analyze descriptive statistics.
- Certify and handle the processing of vendor-incurred costs.
- Ensure Data Processing staff members are undertaking secure storage of documentation and data in accordance with IOM principles and guidelines and that they are dispatching travel documents and coordinating exit permits and travel documents in a timely manner.
- Oversee the preparation of regular data mining reports on MiMOSA; advise management on possible issues which need attention and suggest corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance activities related to project monitoring and evaluation, training, youth services, project reporting, project support and protection are being carried out efficiently and effectively by the Operations Specialist, Compliance and that they are reporting regularly on the work being accomplished, particularly in relation to training of Movement Operations staff members and youth service activities at IOM transit centers.
- Liaise with airlines on a regular basis and represent the best interest of beneficiaries and clients for competitive fares with the most direct routing. Liaise with other teams and units in IOM Nigeria and with external partners such as government authorities, relevant embassies, and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). As needed, represent IOM at partner meetings and conferences.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Candidates must possess a Master’s Degree in Political or Social Science, International Relations, Humanitarian Affairs Development Studies, Peace and Conflict Studies or a related field from an accredited Academic Institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University Degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in Movement Operations especially with IOM, is highly preferred;
- Experience in Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration programming and staff travel
- coordination is a substantial asset;
- Ability to develop, monitor and review standard operating procedures; and,
- Experience working with state and non-state partners, including building their capacity, is desirable.
- Knowledge of Movement Operations program implementation and familiarity with IOM’s administrative, financial, and business rules and practices is desirable;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with and
- supervise a team;
- Demonstrated proficiency with IGator, MiMOSA, SAR, and Amadeus; and,
- Excellent computer skills and a high level of proficiency in spreadsheet and database applications.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
- For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written).
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts
19th April, 2022.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE