The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation.
Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Accountant
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- Ensure periodic preparation, analysis and coordination of Financial Reports to donors;
- Carryout setting up of budgets, budgetary control and monitoring;
- Provide administrative support to Project Accounts Unit;
- Liaise with Project Development and Administrative Unit, Project Coordinators/Scientists in ensuring absolute compliance on project-related issues with IITA policies;
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of imprest accounts to general ledger;
- Strictly ensure compliance with contractual requirements of donors, e.g. reporting due dates.
- Provide supervisory role to subordinates within Finance Directorate;
- Attend to queries from Project Investigators and donors on regular basis;
- Carryout account receivable setup, update, invoice generation, fund capturing and acknowledgement;
- Monitor project receivables and donor funds to center accounts;
- Carryout setting up of projects accounts cost centers/files;
- Ensure preparation of monthly and yearly Management report on audit;
- Perform other accounting/administrative duties as may be assigned by the Project Finance Manager / Financial Controller and Director of Finance from time to time.
- MSc/MBA in Accounting or related field from an accredited institution with ACA/ACCA. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience performing related roles.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have strong analytical mind, very good with computer application especially Oracle Apps.
- Have pleasant personality and must be a good team player.
- Have good communication skills.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 23rd September, 2020.
How you will be updated regularly
- Kindly subscribe to the site using your Email address for FREE