Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company Plc 2021 Career Opportunity – Click Here to Apply: This is to notify the general public that Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company Plc is currently inviting applications from interested and qualified individuals. The guidelines provided in this article will assist interested and qualified individuals apply successfully.
Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Distribution Substation Operator
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Specialization: Substation Operator
- Regulates flow of electricity through substation of electric power system and over distribution lines to consumers: Records readings of switchboard instruments to compile data concerning quantities of electric power used for substation operation and amounts distributed from station
- Inspecting, operating and maintaining substations and distribution apparatus consistent with safety regulation.
- Controlling equipment such as Current converter, Voltage transformers and Circuit breakers to regulate the flow of electricity through substations and overhead distribution lines to customers
- Reporting outages, load data to load dispatcher and receiving switching instructions
- Observe switchboard instruments to detect indications of line disturbances, such as ground, shorted, or open circuit.
- Maintains daily operating log on all operations, both routine and emergency, and reports on line outages and weather conditions. Records hourly readings of indicating and integrating meters, and changes, marks and checks charts of recording instruments.
- Switches and maintains substation equipment for proper operation.
- Prepares the equipment for operation and starts, stops and controls the units, adjusting the load and voltage and accessory regulating equipment as required.
- Issues protective tags through established safe clearance procedures for all equipment in the plant and substation.
- Notes changes in load and makes routine adjustments to meet such changes without immediate supervision. Reports unusual situations to supervision.
- Performs switching operations in accordance with standard operating procedures.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum Qualification: OND
- Required Experience: 0 – 1 year
- Good Communication skill
- Analytical Thinking with good numerical skills
- Problem Solving
- Technical knowledge of power distribution network
- Safety and basic standard protection
- Understanding of Electrical Distribution Regulations and Systems
- Technical knowledge in Switch gear Operation.
- Computer literacy
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: When the page opens, click on “Click Here to See Vacancies” and select “Distribution Substation Operator” to apply accordingly
Application Deadline 29th April, 2021.
- Payroll Support Registration
- N-Power Batch C Assessment
- Guaranteed Offtake Registration
- NYIF Application Portal
- Nigeria Youth Investment Fund
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here