Homeland Development Company | Career Opening: Click Here to Apply: There is an ongoing recruitment exercise by Homeland Development Company to enable all interested and qualified persons to apply or register successfully using the application link and portal in this article below.
Homeland is a Real Estate Development & Construction Company in Lagos State and we invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Engineer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Head of Project
- Manage the daily log system on the cloud based information management system
- Develop weekly reports of the overall progress of work on site
- Supervise all the work purchases and contractors
- Provide monthly progress reports across all projects
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for Inspection, testing, and evaluation, utilizing knowledge in engineering fields such as chemical, electrical, or mechanical.
- Devices sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Develop and manage the quality assurance and quality control sign-off systems & Manage the external consultant sign-offs
- Manage the information timeline and quality assurance deliverables of the projects & Attend weekly/monthly management/site meetings
- Receives technical and operational supervision from supervising construction engineer or assigned supervising discipline superintendent.
- Provides technical and administrative direction to subordinate construction engineers and others, as assigned.
- Job site contacts are with superintendents and subcontractor’s personnel associated with construction engineering.
- Continuous interfacing with client personnel, pertaining to negotiations on subcontract changes.
- Interface with the engineering design functional group to identify and resolve design- related issues as implemented in the field.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for the activities of assigned construction engineers, such as the application of drawings, specifications, and subcontracts.
- Directs preparation of quantity listings of field purchased material and equipment. Initiates requisitions for field purchases.
- Supervises preparation of construction drawings and schedules. Supervises design of temporary construction facilities and ensures preparation of “as built” drawings and other job plans.
- Assists subordinate construction engineers and superintendents in:
- Interpreting design drawings.
- Monitoring equipment installation and planning for delivery of construction materials and equipment.
- Assuring that proper warehousing and storage exists to ensure environmental protection.
- Reviews specifications, purchase orders, subcontracts, inspection reports, delivery schedules, instruction manuals and technical data.
- Administers assigned subcontracts to ensure contract remains up to date in areas such as drawings, specifications, cost and schedule.
- Coordinates with the Field Construction Manager on activities affecting the contract administration operation.
- Ensures that vendors’ bids for material and equipment are in conformance to specifications.
- Coordinates the interfacing between the construction automation plan and the project controls program at the job site. Reviews project controls documents on progress relating to cost and schedule.
- Performs personnel evaluation of assigned subordinate personnel and ensures they receive progressive training.
- May direct minimal numbers of manual craft field forces during project closeout.
- Works with various functions to ensure the project achieves corporate goals set for environmental, safety & health, quality, cost, and schedule.
- Coordinates with engineering design on constructability issues.
- Supervises subcontractor work efforts and administers routine subcontract changes and interfaces with client personnel. May represent the company in contractual discussions and negotiations.
- Reviews and/or supervises, as assigned, the preparation of construction estimates, cost engineering studies, schedules and budgets.
- Analyzes assigned construction activities to determine the scope, time and resource requirements.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Building Technology and Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or any related course will be an added advantage.
- NSE, COREN, CORBON, NIOB professional qualification is required and additional related qualifications will be a definite added advantage
- At least 5 years recent and relevant experience in a similar role in the construction industry.
- Must be Proficient in the use of Microsoft suites.
- Must be familiar with Local and International building standards.
- Must be able to Speak and write the English Language Fluently.
- Must possess good working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Real Estate industry.
- Must possess good working knowledge of standard forms of measurement.
- Must have understanding of construction terms, scheduling and planning concepts.
- Candidates should reside within Lekki/Ajah Axis for easy proximity to the site.
- Must be a team player and a manager of time, Limited resources and Human Capital.
- Must be articulate in interfacing with Contractors and various clients.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Technical knowledge of a specialized engineering discipline, cost, scheduling and/or contracts administration relating to the construction of heavy industrial or commercial complexes.
- Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 22nd June, 2021.
- Payroll Support Registration
- N-Power Batch C Assessment
- Guaranteed Offtake Registration
- NYIF Application Portal
- Nigeria Youth Investment Fund
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here