Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
Guinness Nigeria Plc Recruitment 2023
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Operator
Job Requisition ID: JR1077948
Location: Benin Brewery, Edo
Job type: Full time
Worker Type: Regular
Reports To: Shift Manager
About the Role
- To produce Guinness products in a safe and professional approach to achieve customer service levels, quality conformance and within budget.
- To apply technical, process, continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimise overall brewery improvement and plant performance.
- To adopt a safe and professional approach to all aspects of the role as an individual/team player
- Significant impact on raw material, component and utility costs and production, quality, rework and labour costs
- Key role in operating, cleaning and maintaining plant and equipment, impacts directly on plant availability, asset life cycle cost and asset life/replacement frequency
- The Nigerian beer market is very complex with many competitors and a strong quality, cost and delivery focus
- Need to constantly reduce production cost, while maintaining high quality and delivery in a highly unionised working environment
- Create the conditions for people to succeed: Liaise with other Brewing, Packaging, Production Services and Maintenance Technicians, Laboratory Technicians, Contractors and Shift Managers to ensure continuity of reliable, quality production. Support other team members and develop positive relationships with colleagues
- Constantly deliver great performance- Effective management of facility activities for departmental and organizational effectiveness
- Can analyse production and engineering work schedules and make decisions which ensure that all targets and standards within own shift and the next 24hrs are met
- Update and/or contribute to maintenance of workplace VPM as a tool for monitoring performance, Problem solving and continuous improvement
You will be required to:
- Total ownership of production service on plant and equipment to which they are primarily allocated: operating and cleaning, carrying out maintenance schedules, responding to breakdowns, assessing & monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties in a timely manner.
- Operates the bottle washer to produce clean bottles to the EBI and liaises with the caustic tank room operator in transfer or return of caustic while also ensuring the caustic concentration of the bottle washer is within the specified range
- Manage materials, components and spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down
- With support from Shift Managers, achieve production plans and key performance targets, and deliver agreed Customer Service levels
- Manage the operation of all key equipment to operate within world class levels of waste management
- Responsible for ensuring that all temperature zones of the washer are at the specified level
- Deliver best possible plant operation by maximising plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules. Interface with SAP PM as appropriate
- Optimise product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT against the Global Finished Product Specification on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learning’s or RCPS Root Cause Problem Solving to prevent re-occurrence.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- OND / Trade Test (City and Guild) or any nationally recognised equivalent in any of Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumentation field and ideally have an appropriate qualification in Brewing, Packaging, Engineering or Utilities in addition
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience/competence in Operations, Maintenance, Process Control and Performance Measurement in a brewery, drinks or food manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving.
- Respond to change in a positive and flexible manner and sustain a positive outlook across a range of situations/challenges.
- High level of energy and commitment to team based achievement and high interpersonal effectiveness to develop & sustain robust relationships.
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and GNPLC SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Enter your email address below and get more Updates like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is FREE
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, and career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans, and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant to secure a job, loan, grant, or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters