General Ibrahim Attahiru Foundation (GIAF) Job Recruitment for a Communications Consultant – The General Ibrahim Attahiru Foundation (GIAF) is recruiting candidates suitable for the position of a Communications Consultant. Interested candidates should follow the descriptions below to apply.
The General Ibrahim Attahiru Foundation (GIAF), is an independent and non-partisan Foundation, named after the late Chief of Army Staff (COAS) of Nigeria, Lieutenant General Ibrahim Attahiru (LGIA), who passed away on the 21st May2021, while on active duty in the service of Nigeria. The Foundation is set up to perpetuate the leadership ideals and qualities LGIA embodied, both as a military service leader and in his personal life as a man of integrity, generosity as well as kindness of heart, as expressed in the various ways he helped fellow Nigerians. The key thematic areas of the Foundation are: strategic leadership; peace building, reconstruction and rehabilitation; human, environmental, and social development; mental health and psycho-social support; as well as research, and defense advocacy.
Job Title: Communications Consultant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Duration of the Assignment: Twelve (12) weeks
- A non-governmental organization with head office in Abuja, that focuses on Leadership, Peace building and Socio-economic empowerment of less privileged groups, which has projects in few states in North West Nigeria, is interested in engaging the services of a Communications Consultant.
- The objectives of the Consultancy are: to ensure visibility for the organization; to create awareness around upcoming event(s); and to ensure the active participation as well as attract interest of the public to the activities of the Foundation.
- In this regard, the organization wishes to engage the services of a Communications Consultant for a period of twelve (12) weeks to develop contents, guidelines, media, as well as generic communications and outreach materials for implementation of a Communications Strategy for the Foundation.
- Develop a Communications Strategy and work plan for the Foundation to guide all communications, media, events and outreach efforts;
- Embark on a field visit to Dambatta LGA in Kano State and Funtua LGA in Katsina to interview project beneficiaries for the purpose of developing a high quality short (5-10 minutes) video clip showcasing the organization’s projects and highlighting success stories from beneficiaries in the two communities;
- Implement the day-to-day running of the Foundation’s Communications and Outreach Strategy – including online presence – to enhance public awareness and generate support for the organization’s activities during the duration on the consultancy.
- On the basis of the implementation of the annual work plan for the organization, liaise with the Management team to develop event specific communication plans;
- Aside from giving visibility to planned events and activities, the communication plans must aim to generate interest and stimulate conversations among key stakeholders before, during, and after events, as well as throughout the duration of the consultancy.
- Utilize the organization’s existing social media and website channels to reach out to online community and regularly inform them about ongoing events and activities as well as engage them to dialogue on various thematic interventions with the aim of making them to actively participate in the organization’s activities;
- Promote discourse on upcoming events through social media spaces such as blogs and build an active brand ambassador network, to scale-‐up and ensure wider outreach and impact of upcoming event(s);
- Set key indicators and benchmarks to measure the impact of social media outreach efforts around upcoming event(s) and generally;
- Monitor trends on social media channels, and provide regular and timely feedback on insights gained to the organization, in order to evolve their strategies accordingly.
- Production of a high-quality short video clip showcasing projects and success stories of beneficiaries of the organization’s projects;
- Implement the branding strategy and manage the public image of the organization;
- Recommend and develop contents and materials in relation to all the facets of an upcoming event, including drafting opinion pieces, position statements, Media Monitoring:
- Utilize existing software to monitor media coverage on a daily basis;
- Establish mechanisms for liaising with relevant focal persons to track status of locally hosted events as well as media coverage;
- Prepare a weekly report to the organization’s management, analyzing the quality and depth of coverage, frequency as well as all media engagements (press briefings, visits etc.) related to the upcoming event(s);
- Based on the media analysis, make recommendations to the management committee and identify opportunities and potential stories to pitch to the media in order to maximize opportunities for coverage around the organization’s events and activities.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with 7 years of experience working in a communications environment preferably for reputable international organizations or newsrooms;
- Strong project management or organizational skills and a proven track record.
- Knowledge of blogging ecosystem relevant to the organization’s thematic areas;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective audience (Facebook, You tube, Twitter, Instagram etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Proficiency in English and fluency in at least one local language in Nigeria. Knowledge of Hausa language is highly desirable.
- The incumbent would need to have strong writing skills, be diplomatic and be a quick thinker with the ability to answer questions put forward by the media honestly, yet in keeping with the organization’s policies;
- In depth knowledge and awareness of the organization’s thematic areas, policies, strategies and have creative ideas on how to project a positive public image of the organization;
- Proven experience in brand identity management including design experience;
- Excellent attention to details;
- Detailed work plan
- Event specific communication plans (to be disclosed)
- Produce 5-10 Minutes high quality video clips, highlighting the Foundations projects and success stories from visits to Kano, and Katsina.
- Communications Strategy for the Foundation
- Standard Operating Procedures for media coordination
- Web & social media guidelines
- Newsletter templates
- Print and multimedia communication materials
- Phase – out report and recommendations
- Press releases, photo and video coverage of specific events
- Update website and create contents
- Utilize social media for outreach
- Mass media and social media monitoring
- Media monitoring analysis reports
- Weekly activity reports
How to apply
interested and qualified candidates should send their Expression of Interest (EOI), Quotations and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Kindly indicate the Title of the assignment clearly in the subject matter for CVs and quotations that are being submitted by email
10th April, 2022.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE