General Electric (GE) Recruitment 2022 for a Customer Support Engineer – General Electric (GE) is currently seeking candidates suitable for the position of a Customer Support Engineer. Interested candidates should kindly follow the descriptions listed below to apply.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfil GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Support Engineer
Job ID: R3630366
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Category: Engineering / Technology
Level: Mid – career
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- All activities relating to enhancing services technology integrating customer data, or capturing engines / products reliability, availability, maintenance, safety and other performance parameters.
- Includes hourly, non-exempt and exempt employees as well as manager roles responsible solely for these activities.
- Responsible for departmental operations planning/execution or is focused on execution of professional activities within a technical discipline.
- Functions with some autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end results.
- The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
- Respond to internal and external customer requests for technical issue resolution of the installed base, using technical product knowledge and analytical skills while adhering to sound engineering principles, standards, practices, procedures.
- Escalate issues as required, act as the liaison between the field, Product Support, Monitoring & Diagnostics, Performance, Repair and Applications within the engineering community to drive technical resolution, to help identify and drive corrective actions to minimize fleet risk and enhance fleet reliability
- Establish, maintain, and develop relationships to understand customer’s operational model and their technical expectations. Regular communication with multiple levels within the customer organization as well as travel to the customer sites will be beneficial to  Lead customer technical meetings to share technical risks identified in the fleet, fleet performance, communicate engineering recommendations and customer specific technical solutions to enhance their asset reliability and availability.  Provide technical support during unplanned / forced outages to enhance customer experience and meet their availability goals
- Provide NU and Service ITR teams with technical support for sales and proposal activities, in collaboration with the Application Engineers and Sales Account Leaders.
- Program management, root cause analysis activities for product technical issues. Interface with M&D, Product-Line, System and Design Engineering teams. Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the project or assigned to resolve technical issues.
- Prepare technical presentations for GE Leaders and our Gas Power customers to ensure proactive and timely communication of significant issues.
- Provide engineering leadership and technical guidance for all new unit installations during the commissioning phase to meet safety, quality, and timeliness goals.
- Be actively engaged in outage planning/execution and support outage productivity improvements.
- Work closely with Monitoring and Diagnostic team to analyze plant operations, identify, and drive improvements to their asset performance.
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor or Master of Science in Mechanical, Aerospace or Electrical Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in the Gas Power Energy Sector
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Fluent written and spoken skills in English
- 5+ years of experience with Power Plant engineering, field service, customer support, or operations and maintenance preferably HDGT, Steam or Generator
- Able to lead Lean transformation
- Anticipates customer needs and ensures that they are met
- Measures processes and performance through customer’s eyes, be the customer voice and be ready to challenge status quo.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and proactively update stakeholders
- Encourages input from all members of the team.
- Displays good interpersonal skills – is accessible and approachable.
- Builds loyalty and commitment.
- Communicates messages clearly and concisely in both verbal and written form
- Self-directed with demonstrated analytical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated history of meeting aggressive deadlines and holding others accountable to meeting commitments
- Able to quickly identify the critical few priorities and develop action plans
Relocation Assistance Provided:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE