Farm Radio International Job Recruitment 2022-The Farm Radio International is recruiting candidates suitable for the position of a Senior Program Officer. Interested candidates should follow the descriptions below to apply successfully.
Farm Radio International is a Canadian non-profit organization specializing in extension and communication through ICTs to reach rural and vulnerable communities at large scale, in local languages in sub-Saharan Africa. Farm Radio’s expertise is based on collaborative and user-driven co-creation of quality information and advisory services, combining radio and mobile telephony, other ICTs and face-to-face interaction.
Farm Radio is mobilized to promote gender equality and strives to design gender-sensitive and inclusive communication solutions, with the participation of women farmers, entrepreneurs and citizens in every phase of our design process and throughout implementation. implementation of our programs, creating spaces for women’s voices to be heard and putting in place mechanisms to enable them to influence the programs.
Farm Radio helps radio stations provide interactive and gender-based radio-based communication approaches designed to achieve different outcomes: awareness, knowledge; adoption of good agricultural practices; links with the market; and changes in attitude and behavior.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Officer – West Africa
- The Senior Program Officer is an experienced and dynamic person who will provide leadership in West Africa, in terms of project implementation, including an important component in monitoring and evaluation, and also in program development.
- Project implementation and administration – 40% LOE
- Monitoring & Evaluation – 15-20% LOE
- Program Development (PD) – 30-40% LOE
- Contributions to the department of Project Implementation – 5-10% LOE
Project Implementation and Administration:
- Under the supervision of the Head of Project Implementation and in close collaboration with Country Representatives, Project Officers and Specialty Teams, the SPO will contribute to the effective implementation of projects to the highest standards and to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
- Current projects are in the area of food security, gender equality, adolescent sexual and reproductive health and rights, and climate change and biodiversity conservation.
Administrative management of contracts with partners:
- Manage project-specific relationships with funders and partners, including monitoring funders’ documents and communications, ensuring that requirements are understood, all staff clearly understand responsibilities and deadlines are met;
- Coordinate the resolution of any contractual and / or budgetary issues with funders, including providing updates, approval requests and supporting documents;
- Support recruitment and supervision of consultants offering services in the context of projects in relevant countries
- Guide the development of project implementation plans (PIP) in accordance with the procedures and models established by Farm Radio, including the organization of project inception meetings and coordination with specialty and finance teams, and ensure the development of various management tools, including Annual Work Plans and Spending Plans
- Ensure compliance with Farm Radio policies and procedures, including risk assessment, monitoring of deviations from the spending plan, documentation, development and approvals of various contracts, archiving, etc.
- Monitor project implementation:
- communicate with Farm Radio specialty teams regarding project planning, implementation and reporting;
- organize follow-up meetings and support problem solving;
- oversee project implementation and key milestones on time; and
- monitoring and revising budgets, working with financial analysts and country finance officers.
- Support country program managers and project managers in carrying out their duties, including including the development of project agreements, contracts and memoranda of understanding; carrying out project activities in accordance with implementation and spending plans; management of sub-recipients; etc.
- Manage report writing processes (internal and external / for funders (progress reports, quarterly, annual, final) in order to synthesize activities, results, conclusions and lessons learned from projects, as well as others communication needs, jointly with the Farm Radio communications team and to the satisfaction of funders
- Ensure the achievement of results in relation to gender equality and inclusion
- Promote the participation of women / girls in the activities of projects, particularly with regard to decision-making, throughout the duration of the project cycle; and
- Collaborate with women’s organizations to promote women’s rights.
Staff supervision and Development:
- Directly supervise agreed program staff in the West Africa region
- Manage the annual Employee Performance Management process for direct reports
- Provide support and appropriate inputs for other program staff
- Monitor staff performance and provide feedback to supervisors, department heads and the director of programs
- Support capacity building of country staff in relevant aspects of project planning, implementation, and monitoring & Evaluation.
Monitoring & Evaluation:
In concert with the Manager of the Knowledge Management Team, the SPO will contribute to monitoring and evaluation activities, organizational research, learning and knowledge sharing:
- With the support of the Knowledge Management Team, design logic models and performance measurement frameworks and monitoring and evaluation plans
- Contribute to the design of survey tools and other evaluation instruments
- Analyze data generated by surveys, interviews, qualitative evaluations, listeners’ responses to on-air / online surveys
- Write baseline, mid-term and end line evaluation reports
- Write project summaries (briefs) highlighting the results of projects, learnings and implications in terms of best practices
- Organize or contribute to experience capitalization processes with project partners and stakeholders
- Contribute the preparation of various knowledge-sharing products for various audiences
- Contribute to the sharing of learning and evidence of best practices internally in order to enable RRI staff to improve their approaches and impacts
Program Development (PD):
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager for Program Development, the successful candidate will contribute to program development in the region to the highest standards and to the satisfaction of all parties stakeholders:
- Keep the database of Farm Radio partners and projects in the region up to date, specifically identifying funding possibilities in each country (Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra leone and Liberia)
- Seek funding opportunities for new projects in the region
- Analyze and present program options to Farm Radio program development leads in accordance with program development procedures
- Strengthen and nurture relationships / partnerships with current and potential funding partners, including taking part in networking and visibility activities
- Preparing documentation supporting proposals, for example: partnership agreements, contracts, etc.
- Plan, design and write concept notes and full proposals, including budgets, in response to funding opportunities
- Ensure compliance with Farm Radio risk assessment, documentation and archiving procedures for proposals
- Support capacity building of country staff in relevant aspects of networking and project development.
Contributions to the Department of Project Implementation:
- Contribute to the development and regional execution of the systems necessary for effective program planning, negotiation, submission and compliance
- Contribute to the development and execution of work plans and reports from the Programs team
- Candidate must possess a University Degree or certificate in Agriculture, Communication, Development, Environmental Studies or related field; Master’s degree an asset
- 5+ years of experience in rural development program management in international NGOs, and in development communication considered an asset
- Significant experience in monitoring and evaluation, including research, data analysis and writing
- Knowledge and experience in project development and implementation, including project cycle management and results-based management
- Ability to write complex reports , including contributions from several different teams
- Excellent command of English, including both written and oral communication skills
- Ability in French at any level is an asset
Knowledge and Skills:
- Significant knowledge of the principles of gender equality and women’s rights and experience in integrating these principles into the project cycle
- Knowledge of communication for development
- Knowledge of national or international funders and strategic or implementing partners in West Africa
- Excellent intercultural communication skills
- Comfortable working with minimal supervision and resources
- Good organizational and time management skills; ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Canada’s Feminist International Aid Policy
- Willing to travel in the West Africa region and beyond
Application Closing Date
10th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the of the subject of the mail.
- FRI values diversity and inclusion. Women, people with disabilities, and members of other equity-seeking or marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Accommodations are available on request in all aspects of the recruitment process.
- No phone calls, please.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE