Edo State Oil Palm Programme (ESOPP) Recruitment – Applications are invited from all interested candidates. See below for all you need to know; the requirements, application closing date, and how to apply.
Edo State Oil Palm Programme (ESOPP) – A successful Indigenous investor in the Edo State Oil Palm Programme (ESOPP) with about 10,000 hectares is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Head of Security will oversee all security aspects in and around the Company facilities and within the perimeter of the Estates.
- He will maintain and train to the highest possible standards a team of highly efficient and disciplined Security Guards, ensures an ad-hoc security organization, in shifts, with optimal levels of supervision and communication, to prevent all possible security incidents on the Estates, and – if required – deal in the most appropriate and professional manner with all potential security incidents, in close coordination with the General Manager and local law enforcement forces.
Roles / Responsibilities
- Support the achievement of company operational targets with the strict minimum number of security incidents.
- Organize and supervise the teams of Security Guards, with the assistance of his Security Supervisors, in order to ensure a peaceful operation at all times on the Estates.
- Maintain, in cooperation with the Workshop Manager, a fleet of vehicles commensurate to the needs of the task, and issue documented recommendations with regards to additional or different equipment requirements.
- Keeps a constant working relationship with local law enforcement agencies (police, MoPol, Army) to get their full support if the need arises.
- Report regularly to the Managing Director, Agric Director, Technical Director and all other Heads of Departments about past, ongoing and planned activities, and flag all existing or potential issues, with proposed solutions.
- Support and assist Agric Director and ESG teams in the implementation of all environmental and health and safety initiatives
- Keep an updated planning of all Security activities, including trainings, patrols, staff hires and layoffs, to keep the Security Department optimally dimension with the Company operations.
- Strictly abide to the highest standards in Security Management, in full compliance with:
- Handbook on the Use of Security Forces in Private Sector Projects
- IFC Performance Standards 4 guidelines:
- Risk Assessments
- Security Management Plans
- Contracting with Private Security
- Engaging with Public Security Forces
- Risk Assessments
- Assist with reporting against targets and KPIs to GM/ MD to assess and improve business performance.
- Agricultural Director
- Managing Director
- ESG Teams (H&S, Environment, Social)
- External contractors and suppliers
- External consultants and advisors
- Plantation Managers
- Factory Manager
Education and Experience / Skills
- Relevant professional experience in a similar role and environment; Past experience in law enforcement agencies is an advantage
- Ability to withstand extreme pressure / high intensity situations calmly, whilst always keeping self-control and restrain
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in cross cultural environment
- Very strong team leadership skills, and utmost sense of integrity and human respect
- Basic IT skills
- Good knowledge and experience (minimum of 5 years) about security operations in a large scale agro-industrial projects in West Africa
- Management/ supervisory skills and experience of managing security teams is essential
- English language essential. Knowledge of local languages an advantage
- Results focussed with the resilience to deliver in a challenging environment
- Age: 30 – 38 years.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Closing Date
Application Deadline 5th October, 2023.