Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Store Inventory Officer
Job Identification: 122
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Non-Technical
- Responsible for receiving, stocking and issuing spare parts in the technical store and supports the management of inventory levels using IBM Maximo inventory management system.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Raise purchase requisition for materials that have reached the reorder levels.
- Assigns proper storage areas for new items, determines and assign shelves, racks and bin numbers in a manner that supports 5S in work area and in accordance to established storage systems.
- Transfers received items from receiving bay into appropriate bin location.
- Issue approved materials request to the user department by issuing out spares physically and then post out in IBM Maximo while at same time updating physical bin card for issued spares.
- Maintains material requisition notes and material return notes in register for ease of referencing.
- Participates actively in all scheduled inventory stock counts.
- Actively takes part in reconciliations resulting from stock counts.
- Maintenance of 5S in the stores by ensuring that storage areas, shelves and bins are always clean and tidy and in line with agreed layout to enable ease of stocking, withdrawal and reduction of incidences of commercial obsolescence.
- Ensures that the workplace is organized according to extant 5S standards.
- Reports near misses, unsafe conditions and unsafe behaviour within and outside work area
- Participate in periodic hazards identification and detailed risk assessment in work area as applicable.
- Maintain accurate inventories for all materials in the store.
- Supports the Planned Maintenance process by ensuring that spare parts are stored in such a manner that they are easily retrievable from store and in good condition.
- Proactively provide information to the Store Manager for modification (Description, OEM number, Make, MRP settings etc.) of spare parts description
- Carry out daily verifications of spare parts issues to ensure that stock accuracy is always 100%. Investigates discrepancies and ensures agreed measures from Analysis are implemented on time and in full.
- Perform weekly cycle counts as assigned and reports observation to the Store Manager.
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum of B.Sc / HND in Engineering or Numerical science
- 2 – 4 years relevant work experience post NYSC in spare part management
Skills and Competencies:
- Basic knowledge of spare parts and relationship with equipment
- Effective communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Physical and mental alertness
- Knowledge of inventory management tools, concepts and techniques
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Analytical and Numerate Skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 12th May, 2023.
Enter your email address below and get more Updates like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is FREE
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, and career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans, and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant to secure a job, loan, grant, or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are free of charge