The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) Job Vacancy – Apply Now. The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) established by the NIMC Act No. 23 of 2007, the NIMC has the mandate to establish, own, operate, maintain and manage the National Identity Database in Nigeria, register persons covered by the Act, assign a Unique National Identification Number (NIN) and issue General Multi-Purpose Cards (GMPC) to those who are citizens of Nigeria as well as others legally residing within the country.
Applications are invited from interested Public / Civil Servants and individual consultants (private sector) for the position below:
Job Title: ECSU Coordinator
Project: Nigeria Digital Identification For Development
- The Federal Government of Nigeria has received a credit from the World Bank, French Development Agency (AFD) & the European Investment Bank (EIB) and intends to apply part of the proceeds to increase the number of persons with a National ID number, which would be issued by a robust and inclusive foundational ID system to facilitate improved access to public services.
- The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) based in Abuja is responsible for the implementation of the Nigeria Digital Identification for Development (ID4D) Project. The project is comprised of four components: (1) Strengthen the Legal and Institutional Framework; (2) Establish a Robust and Inclusive Foundational ID System; (3) Enable Access to Services through IDs; and (4) Project Management and Stakeholder Engagement.
- The Governance arrangements for project implementation consist of three structures: (a) Project Ecosystem Steering Committee (PESC); (b) Ecosystem Coordination Strategic Unit (ECSU); and (c) the Project Implementation Unit (PIU).
Objectives of the Assignment / Overview
- The Ecosystem Coordination Unit Strategic (ECSU) situated in the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF), will oversee the implementation of Component 1 (Legal and Regulatory Framework for the ID ecosystem) and certain elements in Components 2, 3 and 4 of the project. The responsibilities of the ECSU will include: (i) leading the reforms of the Legal and Regulatory Framework for the ID ecosystem; (ii) developing, executing and managing broad-based communication and awareness around enrolment and harmonization of the digital ID; and (iii) monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the broader ID ecosystem (iv) third party monitoring and (v) social accountability
- The Project is now desirous of filling key vacancies within the ECSU and is by this notice inviting candidates who may be (1) qualified public / civil servants within the Federal Public / Civil Service structure or (2) interested qualified individual consultants / technical experts from the private sector to submit their expression of interest for the above position.
Reporting, Location and Commencement:
- ECSU Coordinator shall report to the Permanent Secretary Political and Economic Affairs, Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation in Abuja
- The commencement of the services shall come into effect on the date of the notice to the recruited personnel instructing the recruited personnel to begin carrying out the services.
Qualifications and Experience
The ECSU Coordinator shall have the following minimum educational qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Business Admin or related field (e.g. Project Management, Policy Development, Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, and Economics,);
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in Program Management with a minimum of 5 years of experience on any international donor-funded program;
- Demonstrated experience in designing and managing systems with similar projects involving multiple partner institutions and experience in training or building capacity of implementing institutions; and
- Strong inter-personal skills demonstrated team leadership qualities and excellent oral communication skills and good analytical skills and use of computer.
Application Closing Date
4pm; 18th August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Expression of Interests clearly marking the position applied for with a detailed CV as well as a not more than 300 words statement matching their qualification and experience with suitability for the particular position applied for, to: email@example.com and a copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Expression of Interest should also be accompanied with:
- A cover letter; and
- Copies of certificates for professional and academic qualifications.
Further inquiries can be made via email or in writing to the address below.
DGM / Head of Procurement,
National Identity Management Commission (NIMC),
11 Sokode Crescent, Off Dalaba Street,
Zone 5 Wuse, Abuja – Nigeria.
Subscribe to Blog via Email