Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) Recruitment 2022 for a Communication and Media Specialists – Candidates for the job of Communication and Media Specialist are now being sought by Development Alternatives Incorporated.To apply, interested and qualified individuals should follow the job application instructions given below.
Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
By bringing together innovative combinations of talent and innovation across different disciplines, our development solutions turn ideas into effect.
International development agencies, international financing institutions, private enterprises and philanthropies, as well as national governments, are among our clientele.
We are recruiting to fill the posiiton below:
Job Title: Non-Key Experts Pool – Communication and Media Specialist (EU SDGN II -NKE-C3)
Job Code: 7096
Level: Senior-level & Junior-Level, Short-term contract assignments
Project: EU Support to Democratic Governance in Nigeria Programme (EUD SDGN) PHASE II /NDICI AFRICA/ 2021/043-416
Provisional Commencement of the Project: May 2022
Period of Implementation: 60 months
- The goal of this technical support contract is to lead the implementation of activities under the Program’s Component 1 – Support to INEC.
- This will necessitate strong coordination, collaboration, and synergy with other program components, with a focus on delivering as a unit. s
- Furthermore, the Component 1 of the programme will, under the supervision of the Delegation, support monitoring and evaluation as well as communication and visibility activities across the six components to ensure a coherent and efficient programme delivery.
- To provide the circumstances for inclusive, transparent, credible, and peaceful elections and a more inclusive decision-making process that includes women, youth, and other marginalized groups.
- In collaboration with the technical team of the Chairman of the electoral management Body (INEC) already embedded in the programme– Chief Technical Adviser, Special Adviser and Chief Press Secretary – provide capacity development support, technical assistance, policy and expert advice to the electoral management Body – the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
- To contribute to the implementation of the EU Electoral Observation Missions (EU EOM) recommendations, as well as EU EOM follow up mission recommendations.
- Under the direction of the EU Delegation, support Monitoring and Evaluation as well as communication and visibility activities across the programme components.
We are looking to recruit a pool of non-key experts (senior NKEs and Junior NKEs) and welcomes applications from all interested specialists with experience and interest in the following requirements:
The profiles of the non-key experts for this contract are as follows (minimum covered themes):
- Communication and Media Specialists
- Support the design and production of information material as well as editing and dissemination of communication materials;
- Support the implementation of INEC’s communication policy and engagement strategies.
- Implement the awareness strategy, contribute to the implementation of awareness raising activities and develop awareness raising materials;
- Organize visibility events, press conferences, report launches and develop press releases;
- Establish a database with relevant central and local media staff, journalists and relevant organizations.
- Ensure the appropriate media coverage of project’s events and ensure that they are duly documented (event reports, attendance and contact sheets, photos and other relevant material and documents);
- Provide technical advice and support to project staff in planning and developing relevant information and communications products;
- Develop and update websites pages, banners, articles, press releases, newsletters, etc.
- Ensuring that content on the project website/social media are regularly updated and promoted;
Qualifications and Requirements
- Senior Non-Key Experts must have minimum years of experience of 10 years in areas relevant to the contract and to the position they are applying for.
- Junior Key Experts must have minimum 5 years of experience in areas relevant to the contract and to the position they are applying for.
- All NKEs will be specialists with a University Degree level, fluency in English and computer literate, with verifiable and solid relevant professional experience.
- NKEs will have professional and technical profiles that allow them to effectively and efficiently work with national counterparts and experts and consultants of other development partners.
- All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
- Civil servants/public officials and other staff of the public administration of the Beneficiary country cannot be recruited as experts.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- If you are interested kindly submit a CV in English, indicating field(s) of expertise and experience.
- Any CV considered relevant will be included in the existing pool of experts and pre-selected candidates will be contacted in the course of project implementation as the need arises.
- Detailed ToR for implementation of short-term missions will be sent to the short-listed candidates
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE