Desicon Engineering Limited Recruitment for Planning Engineer – Desicon Engineering Limited for over 40 years has been an indigenous industry leader providing innovative Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) solutions to our clients. Knowledge, technical innovation and teamwork are at the centre of who we are. We are focused on leveraging these assets to deliver Instrumentation Maintenance and Construction, Procurement and Consultancy solutions to the Nigerian Energy sector.
We are an ISO (9001:2008) certified organisation, and we are focused on continuing to improve our processes to exceed our client expectations. We are proud to be the first indigenous company to own and operate a fully equipped Electrical & Instrumentation facility with an attached calibration workshop; a further indication of our dedication to providing superior service and value for money to our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Planning Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for planning and scheduling and for creating the baseline for the project assigned for timely project delivery
- Responsible for liaising with discipline leads to ensure detailed activities and sequence of activities are captured in the schedule
- Responsible for monitoring construction progress on daily basis and report any slippage or potential delays to project management
- Responsible for ensuring that construction projects are completed within set deadlines, on budget and in line with all the relevant safety standard and regulations.
- Responsible for the preparation of the trend analysis with regards to the status of the project
- Directly and responsible for raiding and giving notification in advance when from analysis conducted and from observation it shows that the scheduled delivery time will not be met as envisaged.
- Coordinate activities in a structured manner in order to achieve a saucerful planning outcome.
- Responsible for appraising construction, analyzing logistics and managing time.
- Responsible for recommending immediate solutions to potential problems for efficient execution and resolution.
- Coordinate and liaise with the cost control Engineer for preparation of the project status report.
- Liaise with the Lead Quantity Surveyor to prepare the Bills of Quantities (BOQ) jointly with Engineering Team and Project Control Department.
- Employee shall constantly review of the BOQ against Approved for Construction (AFC) drawings, to ensure there is no additional scope
- Liaise with Lead Quantity Surveyor to verify the actual quantities in order to prepare progress measurement
- Liaise with the Lead Quantity Surveyor to prepare Job card Database jointly with the Project Control Department
- Liaise with the Lead Quantity Surveyor to proactively provide professional advice in the event of any increase in contract quantity or in any additional works quantity which can be a potential contract claims and supply quantitative data for the preparation of Extra works and Day works.
- Ensure the monitoring of daily man hours and equipment spent by construction contractors or in direct hiring.
- Responsible for preparing all the reports required to efficiently and proactively highlight the daily, weekly and monthly Project Progress status of the project
- Responsible for preparing pre-filled Daily Activity Report for supervisors and foremen
- Liaise with lead Quantity Surveyor to carry out daily site assessment to confirm current status and for projections for future works
- Liaise with Lead Quantity Surveyor to carry out feasibility studies and valuation analysis
- Liaise with lead Quantity surveyor to estimate and value construction progress based on installed unit or quantity of works carried out by the construction team and subcontractors
- Responsible for updating job card database to capture the daily installation progress
- Liaise with Lead Quantity Surveyor to conduct feasibility studies jointly with the Construction Manager to estimate consumable material required
- Responsible for performing risk analysis evaluation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.