Locally Engaged Information Technology Professional Program Officer (LEITP) at The Deputy High Commission of Canada to Nigeria – Let me guide you on the application process for the the recent opening publicized by the Deputy High Commission Of Canada to Nigeria who are looking for qualified and interested applicants to fill the position of Locally Engaged Information Technology Professional Program Officer (LEITP). This article contains step by step guidelines to assist interested individuals in their application.
The Deputy High Commission of Canada to Nigeria invites applications from qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Locally Engaged Information Technology Professional Program Officer (LEITP)
Job Ref: 4412
Vacancy Type: Term / Indeterminate
Term Details: This position is a LES (Locally Engaged Staff) position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Nigeria.
Summary of Position
- The incumbent manages the IT Program at the Deputy High Commission of Canada in Lagos, Nigeria. This is a working level position that reports to the Manager, Consular and Emergency Management (MCO) as well as working closely with a remote Foreign Service Information Technology Professional (FSITP).
- Provides problem resolution and technical support to the client community at the Mission in the daily use of Information Management (IM) and Information Technology (IT) Systems.
- Provides technical advice and coaching to users and increase the effective and efficient use of the Mission’s various IM and IT Systems. Advises the supervisor on local purchase requirements and/or local suppliers to effect repairs, or on requirements to obtain equipment/parts from Headquarters.
- Ensures the maintenance of records and logs, and tracking and reporting on problems. Coordinates the development of training plans to facilitate the exchange of knowledge.
- Coordinates activities with the Regional FSITP, LEITP Regional colleagues, local technicians, and/or the MCO, as appropriate to resolve IM/IT issues.
- Organizes and manages the supplies inventory and coordinates IT equipment disposals and sales.
- Physical effort is required to crouch, lie, kneel or crawl in confined spaces on a regular basis to set up and assemble equipment; lift heavy or awkward equipment. The majority of the work is performed while sitting at a computer workstation, troubleshooting client information technology problems or at a client site installing and testing user hardware and software. May be required to interpret for Canadian based staff.
- The work may involve dealing with frustrated or dissatisfied clients who experience technical difficulties. Sustained focus is required to analyze information and exposure to stress is associated with deadlines and demands.
- Conducts research and analyses information technology and information management needs at the mission. Maintains a good understanding of content and location of manufacturer’s literature, departmental informatics and IM policies and procedures. Searches technical literature on the equipment, applications and systems architecture and implements corrective action.
- Seeks out and establishes relationships and networks with other ITPs whose expertise assists in meeting mission’s IM/IT objectives.
- Provides technical advice and coaching to users, proactively advises the user community of potential problems, methods for their resolution, and any appropriate strategy for prevention.
- Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience and language. Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
- Successful completion of a University Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Information Management.
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
- Minimum of 2 years recent experience supporting and administering a Local Area Network (LAN) and its environment
- Minimum of 2 years recent experience in managing an IT program or department or section in a small to midsize organization
- Experience in supporting and administering information management system
- Recent experience is defined as within the last five (5) years.
- The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
- Knowledge of theories and practices of IT related functions; software, hardware, networking, internet working, and communications
- Knowledge of theories and practices for Information Management functions in a shared working environment
- Ability to administer, operate, and maintain a LAN and its infrastructure
- Ability to analyze, diagnose and resolve technical and information management problems related to the use of hardware and software in a networking environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (Tact, Diplomacy, Discretion)
- Personal integrity
- Sound judgment
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications in their cover letter and CV.
- Previous work for a diplomatic mission or foreign company
- Experience in information management systems in a large organization
- Experience in training, coaching others and making presentations
- Fluency in the second official language of Canada (French)
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows Server and Microsoft Office Tools
- Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Work schedule is subject to changes.
- May be required to work overtime.
- May need to lift articles up to 20Kg.
Condition(s) of Employment:
- Candidates must have a valid work authorization covering the entire employment period. If the employment is indeterminate, the work authorization should be permanent or itself lead to a permanent work authorization.
- Before an offer of employment can be made, candidates must provide a local address as proof of residence in the specific city, region or country so that if selected, it will appear on the offer letter.
- Obtain and maintain a reliability rating (security clearance) from the Government of Canada covering the entire employment period.
- Candidates must be admissible for a visitor visa to Canada.
Area of Selection:
- Open to internal and external applicants who are legally able to work and reside in Nigeria and who reside in a region that is a reasonable distance from the place of work.
- Candidates must meet all essential requirements stated below, and applications must be received by the closing date. Please note that the Deputy High Commission of Canada in Nigeria does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly.
- The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered based on merit. Our organization offers an inclusive workplace where respect, teamwork, and collaboration are part of our culture.
- Canada’s missions abroad are committed to promoting and supporting an environment free from harassment and discrimination, as well as encouraging and supporting employees to learn and develop their skills and competencies.
NGN 11,547,826 per annum
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Candidates are required to upload a cover letter and CV in English or French. Applications which do not include the requested documents or information in the CV or cover letter will be rejected. Any additional information must be included as part of these two attachments.
- Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to: LES-E-Recruitment-BRLIN@international.gc.ca prior to the closing date. Failure to so will result in the application being rejected.
Eligibility Instructions (to be included in cover letter)
- Assessment questions have been included for candidates to complete and include in their cover letters along with the application. In order to be considered for the position, please note that candidates must answer all questions (#1 and #2). Please include the information in paragraph form. Responses must be your original work, and cannot use text from the internet or other sources. Applications using copied text will be disqualified.
- You will be assessed on your spelling, grammar and effective communication on the application and further along in the process if you’re screened in. Applications not including responses to these questions will be screened out.
- ** Applications that do not include the Candidate Assessment Questions will not be considered.
Question #1 (750 words maximum)
Tell us why you want to be an IT Professional for the Deputy High Commission of Canada in Lagos?
Question #2 (750 words maximum)
Name at least 3 values you share with Canada?
- Please do not use a tablet or cell phone to submit your application, as mobile browsers are not supported by our on-line portal. Candidates should only apply using a laptop or desktop computer.
- Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French).
- Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
- Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
- Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
- The Deputy High Commission of Canada in Nigeria does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
- Candidates requiring any special assistance in attending exams or interviews are requested to inform us.
- The results of this recruitment process may also be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for similar term, indeterminate, part-time or full-time openings at the Deputy High Commission of Canada in Nigeria which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this recruitment process
Application Deadline: 19th March, 2021.
- Payroll Support Registration
- N-Power Batch C Assessment
- Guaranteed Offtake Registration
- NYIF Application Portal
- Nigeria Youth Investment Fund
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here