The Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Nigeria is currently recruiting candidates suitable for the position of a Programme officer. Interested candidates should kindly follow the guidelines listed below to apply successfully.
Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Nigeria – At 140 locations in 92 countries around the world, the German Chamber Network (AHKs) offers its experience, network and services to German and foreign companies to support bilateral trade.
The Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Nigeria (AHK Nigeria) is part of this worldwide AHK German Chamber Network. AHK Nigeria together with its commercial affiliate DGIC International Business Services Ltd. support German and Nigerian companies in fostering their business relations through their extensive network and expertise. Besides offering relevant B-2-B services, we provide expert services through our competence centres – Energy & Environment, Skills Development, Innovation & Startups and Agribusiness
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job type: Full-time
Job Field: Competence Centre Energy and Environment
About the Job
- We are looking for a candidate to fill the position of a Programme Officer to support and facilitate the implementation of projects in the Competence Centre Energy and Environment.
- The role involves working closely with the Head of the Competence Centre in the development of all aspects of projects including scope, cost, budget and funding, timing, construction and engagement and liaison with user groups and other external project stakeholders where applicable.
- The role will require the successful applicant to take responsibility for applying the necessary knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to relevant project activities to ultimately meet project objectives and requirements.
The Programme Officer will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Head Competence Centre Energy and Environment in the implementation of projects for private and public sector clients.
- Support the Head Competence Centre Energy and Environment in public engagement activities (presentations, expert dialogues, round tables, seminars, conferences, B2B meetings etc.) with user groups, associations and other external project stakeholders to ensure that projects are implemented in line with agreed objectives and requirements.
- Conceptualizing, planning, organizing and managing conferences, seminars, exhibitions and other events in the competence Centre.
- Writing grant applications, research reports, target market analyses, sectoral briefs and market reports related to the topics of renewable energy, circular economy, water and hydrogen.
- Work closely with the Head Competence Centre Energy and Environment to ensure projects are implemented to align with agreed objectives and requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of project reporting mechanisms and ensure they are communicated with internal and external stakeholders as required. Ensure that project resources are efficiently and effectively managed.
- Prepare high-quality market studies, sectoral reports and target market analyses related to sustainable energy and environment as well as climate action initiatives.
- Facilitate strategic partnerships with development corporations and the government institutions
- Facilitate bilateral trade and investment relations with relevant information to Nigerian and German businesses on financing, matchmaking, import, market-entry, research, energy consulting, networking, and stakeholder engagement activities.
- Conceptualizing, planning, organizing, and managing business delegation trips and market exploration trips (Germany-Nigeria & Nigeria-Germany)
- Carry out other duties as deemed reasonable and appropriate to the role as directed from time to time
The ideal candidate must have the following attributes:
- Degree in Economics, Engineering, Project Management, Business Administration, Social Science, or related field. A master’s degree would provide additional advantage
- German language competence (minimum of a B2 Certificate) is desirable
- Preferably 3 years of relevant work experience in a similar field
- Analytical, strategic, and critical mindset
- Ability to multitask, work well under pressure, and work efficiently to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills for collaborating effectively with others
- At least an intermediate level of MS Office suite of programs (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Highly organised in both time and in resources; needs to manage progress reports, timetables, and financial budgets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV, Cover Letter and References to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 31st March, 2023.
Enter your email address below and get more Updates like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is FREE
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, and career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans, and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant to secure a job, loan, grant, or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are free of charge.