Dangote Group Recruitment – Applications are invited from suitable and qualified candidates for the position of Head, Tax Management. Interested persons should read the requirements and apply below.
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Tax Management
Job ID: FINACCTAXLEAD28223
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
Category: Finance / Account
- Coordinate and manage all tax and transfer pricing matters relating to entities within the DCP group (Nigeria and Pan Africa)
- Identify, develop, and implement tax processes and solutions that align with the overall business goals and objectives of the DCP Group.
- Responsible for effective planning, management, control, and optimization of DCP Group’s tax position.
- Manage the implementation of DCP Group’s tax planning and management strategy to ensure compliance with applicable tax, financial and government regulations.
- Work closely with other departments within the organization, such as finance, legal, and operations, to ensure that tax considerations are incorporated into business decisions and process
- Carry out a check of pending tax matters on ground as at the commencement of job responsibilities.
- Leverage on the support of Global DIL Group Tax Function to develop tax policies, processes, and reporting framework for DCP Group
- Understand DCP’s organizational objectives and corporate strategy and support subsidiaries to minimize the tax implications of business priorities.
- Ensure DCP’s activities comply with local and/ or global financial regulatory requirements.
- Leverage on tax technology tools to coordinate tax compliance processes across all the regional subsidiaries.
- Coordinate, manage and maintain relationships with DCP Group’s internal and external stakeholders, including local and international tax authorities, tax consultants and advisers, etc.
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly and quarterly tax performance reports and ensure submission within the set timelines to the DCP CFO and or DIL Group Tax, as required.
- Perform any duties related to tax matters as may be assigned by the Director of Finance.
Tax Compliance & Audit Management:
- Review and approve relevant tax computations in strict compliance with applicable tax laws and regulation and ensure four-eye review by DIL Tax Function.
- Obtain comfort on the accuracy of tax returns to be filed with the relevant tax authorities and work with Tax Consultant’s to manage the DCP group’s tax obligations.
- Oversee filing of tax and fiscal requirements within defined statutory deadlines.
- Monitor tax reporting, planning and intra/inter group transfer pricing to ensure compliance with tax statutes applicable to DCP in Nigeria and Pan African operations.
- Ensure proper management of regulatory tax audits across the Group.
- Ensure complete and accurate documentation of relevant supports and proof of tax remittance.
- Participate in relevant discussions that brings optimal tax position on queries or audits, with tax authorities.
- Ensure proper pricing modalities and documentation for all intercompany operations for transfer pricing compliance reviews.
Tax reporting & Forecasting:
- Ensure accuracy of tax reporting in financial statements – audit reviews, budgets & reports.
- Manage DCP’s tax remittances and provisioning to ensure accuracy and appropriateness.
- Develop and present Tax and Transfer pricing performance reports to management and recommend improvements and compliance, where required.
- Enable accurate and timely forecasting of the group effective tax rate and acceleration of tax reporting.
Tax Planning & Advisory:
- Advise management regarding the tax impact of corporate strategies and impact of new laws on tax liabilities.
- Implement approved tax planning strategies to manage effective tax rates and deliver tax savings.
- Respond to ad-hoc inquiries/ queries on tax related issues.
- Continually identify, assess, and advise DCP’s Executive Management on tax saving opportunities.
- Provide tax efficient solutions to DCP’s projects and stakeholder activities.
- Stay up-to-date on tax related trends (e.g. changes in relevant tax laws), analyze their impact and provide recommendations to Executive Management on necessary steps.
Qualification and Requirements
- A Postgraduate Degree in Finance, Accounting and / or Taxation
- Membership of Tax Institute in Nigeria, West Africa, or any of the OHADA Countries is a primary requirement.
- Membership of at least one other professional body is an additional requirement: Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA), etc.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
Enter your email address below and get more Updates like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is FREE
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, and career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans, and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant to secure a job, loan, grant, or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters