World Bank Group – IFC, a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets.
We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2019, we invested more than $19 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Officer
Job #: req8027
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- IFC is recruiting a Country Officer who working closely with the Country Manager, will promote and coordinate IFC’s investment and advisory activities in the country, ensuring the integrated delivery of IFC products and services and maintaining necessary relationships to further those activities.
- The role requires close interaction with government officials, corporate clients, the private sector, counterparts in the World Bank Group, international organizations, and key internal stakeholders to develop new business, share information, and support the structuring and negotiation of deals.
- The position is based in Lagos and reports to the Country Manager.
- Actively develop and maintain strong relationships with key ministries, agencies, and business community around the country. Represent IFC vis-a-vis the Government (federal and state level), donor and business community. Ensure that the Government, international and business community have awareness of IFC’s products and value addition, including investment and advisory products and the standards and requirements.
- In cooperation with regional management and the strategy teams, support development and execution of the IFC country strategy and WBG Country Partnership Framework. Report on IFC activities in the country for management.
- Execute the sub-national engagement strategy through active engagement with state level contacts in government and private sector.
- Develop partnership with WB Country Office and relevant project teams to achieve WBG country goals, including input on Private Sector Development. Identify and encourage opportunities for cooperation within WBG.
- Support business development for investment projects, engage in project financial analysis with investment teams as an integral member for investment and support portfolio teams for the life of the project. Participate in missions, concept review meetings, and appraisal of projects.
- Support the advisory teams to monitor progress and performance of projects and to solve potential problems. Lead technical, legal, regulatory, financial and commercial assessment of advisory transactions. Support business development for upstream and advisory projects.
- Identify and help address sponsor reputational risks.
- Support the Public Private Partnerships Department which provides advisory assistance, primarily to governments, on Private-Sector Participation (PPP) in infrastructure and other public services. Identify PPP opportunities and participate on project teams to execute PPP transactions.
- MBA or equivalent qualification;
- Minimum 10 – 12 years’ experience, with at least 6-years of these in senior level experience in business consulting, strategy, project finance and/or infrastructure economics, with good knowledge, networks and proven credibility in the Sub Saharan African business community and governmental organisations and institutions;
- Strong networks that will enable the candidate to quickly generate constructive relationships within government;
- Understanding of infrastructure trends and key issues, and experience in working with different infrastructure sub-sectors;
- Experience working within government or extensively on government projects a plus;
- Understanding of PPPs and different structures for engaging the private participation in the delivery of infrastructure services;
- Comfort with extensive travel within Nigeria;
- Intermediate skills in MS Word, MS Powerpoint and MS Excel;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both in written and oral; ability to convey ideas and positions clearly; strong presentation skills; Communication skills in French are desirable but not required;
- Experience in the design, implementation and successful closing of transactions;
- Motivated and enthusiastic about the opportunities and challenges of working in Sub Saharan Africa to achieve sustainable development.
- Required Language(s): English
- Preferred Language(s): French
Application Closing Date
8th August, 2020 at at 11:59pm UTC
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Leave a Reply