Coca-Cola Company Recruitment – Applications are invited from suitable and qualified candidates for the position of Senior Tax manager– Africa. Interested persons should read the requirements and apply below.
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Tax Manager – Africa
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Travel Required: 00% – 25%
Operating Unit Partnership and Support:
- Partner with the Africa Operating Unit to advise regarding the tax impact of existing business models. The role will also play a pivotal role on design and implementation of new business/tax models (for existing and/or new product offerings), with and end-to-end mindset; considering the potential impact across the whole Coca-Cola system) while maintaining a strong focus on governance and compliance. This role should ensure that the appropriate amounts of tax are paid.
Lead local Tax Management:
- Contribute to, and at times develop, and execute tax strategies and policies encompassing continuity of operations, adherence to all relevant laws and regulations, and maintain the highest standards for governance and accounting records.
- Manages multi-country tax complexities to support business while ensuring perfect compliance and governance
- Leads local management and defense of tax audits under the guidance of Corporate Tax and working with internal advisors and stakeholders.
Reporting and Monitoring:
- Update stakeholders regarding ongoing tax issues. The update is a key component in the routines that monitor open tax matters.
- Monitor tax compliance status for all taxes. This is an area that is expected to develop over time and the Tax Manager the leader is expected to have a significant input into this development.
Best Practice Sharing:
- Ensure close collaboration with PS Financial Services, other OUs and Corporate Tax teams to deliver execution at the highest appropriate level.
- Share/implement best practices from other OUs, MNCs and advisors.
- Work closely with stakeholders to identify short, medium and long term trends/opportunities and where appropriate in conjunction with government relations/legal/Financial Services/Corporate Tax to assist in development and execution of strategies intended to influence government
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree plus a professional Accounting and/or Tax qualification. The ideal candidate has a Master’s in Taxation.
- Proficiency in SAP.
- Ability to effectively understand and guide the resolution of tax issues and challenges in the countries under scope
- Detailed understanding of the principals of taxes and the ability to apply these to Countries and reconcile and manage differences in law and practice
- Project management experience in tax processes understanding relationships between total tax optimization, business needs and perfect governance.
- Leadership skills and team player to drive agenda and alignment.
- Self-starter with ability to work as efficiently independently with minimal supervision.
- Planning, process, and delivery management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to engage different levels of seniority across geographies within Coca-Cola and with tax authorities and advisors.
- The position requires leadership skills, tax, accounting and business thinking, knowledge of tax and financial management strategies, combined with collaboration and stakeholder influencing
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-tax professionals
- Proven track record in delivering results at a mid-level in a tax role in operations and/or consulting organizations. Strong accounting skills would be a benefit.
- Business Taxes, Corporation Tax Compliance, Federal Tax, Financial Statements, Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, Income Taxes, Income Tax Provisions, Public Accounting, Tax Accounting.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
2nd April, 2023.