Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) Recruitment 2022/2023 – This is to inform the general public that Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant job positions in their company. Interested candidates should kindly follow the job application guidelines below to apply successfully.
Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Global Solution Sales Officer, Sub-Saharan Africa
Job Req ID: 22457332
Employment Type: Full Time
- Your role will be to manage a portfolio of leading global/regional companies, the best in their industries worldwide, to deliver an effective TTS relationship that increases TTS revenue, increases client contacts and new buying centers and grows wallet share year on year.
- You will coordinate the client team to identify new business origination, manage a diverse and growing pipeline of opportunities and win mandates. These clients are setting new standards in how they are driving growth in their industries, transforming distribution and sales channels, embracing digitization, and diversifying their supply chains. They expect an innovative, world class partner and you will champion the TTS client sales team to meet their expectations.
- You will have defined TTS Sales responsibilities, either Global / Regional, for a portfolio of corporate clients to apply combined in-depth TTS technical product sales skills with client diagnostic and origination skills to originate and design complex single, multi-country/regional or global TTS solutions.
- To be successful, you will coordinate with your team, collaborate with partners across TTS, Corporate Bank and across the Citi network to achieve Trusted Advisor status with your clients. By achieving this status, you will have demonstrated the optimal frequency of high-quality client calling, bringing relevant ideas and opportunities to your clients to enable them to meet their strategic objectives and demonstrating your knowledge of the industry and TTS products and services.
- You will be working in close partnership with your client teams across the world, as well as with functional partners in Onboarding and Service, to deliver world class client experience. Additionally, you will engage with control functions such as Legal, Compliance, Market and Credit Risk, Audit, Finance to ensure appropriate governance and control infrastructure. Although it is a client facing role, it is a comprehensive professional role that incorporates business management, risk and controls and requires a well-rounded attention to a balanced business scorecard.
To deliver the above you will become fully conversant with the relevant product characteristics across the suite of global cash management, trade and cards solutions:
- Liquidity Management;
- Digital Channels and Data;
- Payments and Receivables;
- Trade Services and Finance; and
- Commercial Cards.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in a financial sales background preferably within Transactional Banking, be customer focused and able to operate at all levels within the client’s organization
- Proven track record of successful sales or advisory with senior corporate Treasury professionals and / or other Finance, Procurement areas.
- Understanding of Working Capital Management and credit skills (useful)
- Demonstrate where you have had a significant impact in terms of new business origination, or competitive retention by influencing client decisions through your advocacy
- Demonstrate that you can build a culture of responsible finance, client partnership with good governance and supervision, expense discipline and ethics.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citi, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Experience of assuming an informal/formal leadership role with internal and external teams.
- Forward looking strategic thinker with good judgment and a practical understanding of client / sales dynamics
- Creative, innovative, high energy with strong initiative
- Strong execution skills: thorough follow-through & attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Committed, trusted team player
- Ability to multitask and prioritise conflicting deliverables both for clients and internally
- Experience in managing client relationships, ability to influence others
- Know where to apply sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- You should have good analytical skills to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources.
- Language skills a plus.
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
Job Title: Head, Local Corporate Coverage Unit
Job Req ID: 21340009
Job Category: Industrial Banking
- To manage a team of coverage bankers covering Citi’s client relationships across Top Tier Local Corporates in Nigeria.
- To build a proprietary understanding of clients’ strategic priorities, financial needs and agenda; originating and assisting in the execution of innovative deal solutions with and through Citi team partners.
- To build client loyalty by establishing a trusted advisor relationship, as the “first banker to call” who delivers high quality service, and consistently exceeds clients’ expectations.
- To identify new opportunities to add new, and up-tier existing, client relationships in breadth and depth through clients’ changing needs; and deliver Citi’s strategic product capabilities.
- Lead and manage Local Corporate relationships and coverage team to deliver the revenue and expense plan.
- Act as Citi’s and the client’s “value-added gateway” by originating and delivering Citi’s products and services to Sponsors, CEO, CFO and Treasurer levels of clients.
- Fully dimension the client’s wallet and identify/create opportunities for Citi to deliver, and understand clients’ business and manage the portfolio from end-to-end.
- Partner with Risk Management team to understand, lead and manage the risk inherent in the client portfolio and in any deal solutions.
- Ensure adherence to the credit and compliance process standards of the Bank.
- Coach and train junior bankers to foster teamwork across the unit.
- Guide bankers in building and executing a relationship plan — including a deal solutions pipeline for each client that will secure optimum Return on Capital and performance across business and credit cycles, while setting and meeting Citi’s revenue, cross-sell and capital management objectives.
- Liaise with relevant parts of the Citi network (locally and internationally), playing the team co-ordination role in developing and serving relationships, including implementation of specialist & Citi Senior calling plans.
- Stay informed on product knowledge/developments and deal replication ideas, introduce new opportunities to internal business partners so as to maximize Citi’s opportunity to deliver the best to our clients.
- Maintain asset quality to avoid delinquent or impaired asset portfolio.
- Frequently interact with Capital Markets, EAF, Markets and Corporate Finance teams to generate structured customer solutions.
- Frequently interact with TTS to achieve high credit cross sell ratio by actively selling cash management, trade and EB products.
- Frequently interact with Risk and CRMS to maintain acceptable credit quality of relationships in the portfolio
- Frequently interact with Citiservice and O&T in general to deliver proactive customer service to Top Tier Local Corporates.
- Frequently interact with all Top Tier Local Corporates Target Market prospects to generate incremental business for the bank.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline.
- Must have a Master’s Degree and a relevant professional qualifications in related field.
- 15+ years post-graduation experience out of which 12 years must have been in the banking industry and at least 2 years must have been on the Deputy General Manger grade.
- Risk and Product Skillset (Capital Markets, Investment Banking)
- Mandatory working experience in at least 3 major areas of banking operations.
- Assimilating new information quickly and relating it to the needs of the client base.
- Identifying new business opportunities and making it happen.
- Verbal and Written Communication and Presentation skills – compelling client presentations, as well as communicating the detail of client relationship situations to internal contacts simply and succinctly.
- Credit skills
- Solid understanding of Corporate and Investment Banking products/solutions
- Prior client relationship management experience and/or relevant product experience.
- Leadership and management strategies.
- Responsible for meeting a budget on a portfolio of clients.
- Fully conversant with Citi credit and compliance policies and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including listening skills/temperament and cultural sensitivity. Ability to lead persuasively and foster teamwork.
- Able to build and sustain good personal contacts with client executives at varying levels of seniority, balancing client needs and Citi objectives/priorities.
- Innovative – willing to develop a detailed understanding of client issues/needs and develop ideas/solutions in response.
- Strong work ethic; high energy levels; results oriented – a self-starter prepared to take the initiative to start topics and/or follow issues through, whilst exercising judgment as to when to seek assistance.
- Networking – Maintaining close contact with coverage, product and risk specialists within Citi locally and internationally.
- Natural Team Player – Having an adaptable/flexible approach; willing to work in a co-operative manner to fulfil client and internal requirements.
- Understanding the impact of constant regulatory changes on customers businesses and in converting them to business opportunities.
- Ability to optimally coordinate the activities of the different units within the bank in order to deliver quality service to the customer.
- Designing strategies and products to enable Citibank stay ahead of competition
- Ability to convince customers to adhere to high compliance/ethical standards of Citibank for transaction processing in a non-compliant environment.
- Problem loan recognition capability.
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
Job Title: Compliance Risk Management Officer – West Africa Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Reference ID: 22455346
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Compliance and Control
Job Family: Compliance Risk Management
- Serves as a compliance risk officer for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm’s risk appetite and protects the franchise.
- In addition, engages with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework.
- Designing, developing, delivering and maintaining best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM.
- Translating ICRM strategy and goals across Citi’s clients, products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner; provide direction and guidance on the programs. Serves as a subject matter expert on Citi’s Compliance programs.
- Providing oversight and guidance over the assessment of complex issues, structuring potential solutions and driving effective resolution with other stakeholders.
- Identifying and assessing Citi’s key compliance risks. Ensuring compliance risks within Citi are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled, consistent with the bank’s risk appetite statement and all policies and processes established within the risk governance framework.
- Monitoring adherence to Citi’s Compliance Risk Policies and measuring compliance risk through a robust control framework and ensuring that reviews are conducted consistently across each entity on a regular basis to confirm that controls identified are operating effectively.
- Performing complex analyses of comparative data, preparing and presenting regional and global reports related to compliance risk assessments, and monitoring of compliance related issues.
- Partnering, collaborating and working with other areas within Citi, as necessary.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas.
- Additional duties as assigned, including:
- Acting as the West Africa Data Protection Officer with lead responsibility for advising and monitoring data protection requirements, and escalating matters as appropriate to the EMEA Chief Privacy Officer, the West Africa Compliance Head and relevant governance forums;
- Facilitating compliance with and advising on local data protection, privacy and banking confidentiality laws to Citi branches and subsidiaries across West Africa;
- Assisting with the design and delivery of the global privacy program, including policies, standards and procedures, tools, monitoring, metrics and reporting and sharing leading practices with other DPOs and business stakeholders;
- Acting as a point of contact between Citi Legal Entities in West Africa and the local privacy regulators and co-operating with the regulators and any other relevant authority on matters relating to privacy including local regulatory reporting as required by country privacy laws and joining forums organized by external bodies, where appropriate;
- Reviewing and advising on West Africa data protection impact assessments, where necessary; developing an understanding of local data processing activities, data flows and associated privacy risks.
- Monitoring and advising on individual rights requests and enquiries made by data subjects on matters in relation to privacy, including complaints or grievances;
- Ensuring that regular assessment and audits are conducted to ensure compliance with local data protection laws;
- Monitoring and advising on the completion and maintenance of records of processing activities;
- Advising on privacy-related considerations and requirements during the investigation of security incidents including advising on notifications to local privacy regulators;
- Advising on the implementation of new data protection, privacy and banking confidentiality laws in Citi Legal Entities across West Africa, working closely with first line In-Business Privacy Officers, local Product and Function teams and Country Legal and Compliance.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function preferably in a financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; knowledge of the local privacy laws and regulations in the West Africa presence and hub managed countries; experience in advising on and implementing practical solutions for privacy/compliance issues.
- Having a Master’s Degree in related field is an added advantage.
- IAPP CIPP, CIPM, CIPT or other Data Protection Officer certification (existing or pending) is an advantage.
- CISSP and CIPM and other Information Security-related certifications are a plus.
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies, specifically privacy and data protection laws, rules and regulations in West Africa;
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to both work collaboratively and independently; ability to navigate a complex organization.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate with team members.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated knowledge in area of focus (privacy and data protection generally).
- Ability to raise awareness on data protection and privacy requirements within the organization
- Ability to promote a data protection and privacy compliant culture within the organization
- Understanding of data security and information technology
- Written and spoken English language skills (professional proficiency)
- Knowledge and experience in understanding personal data processing activities and managing areas relevant to privacy and data protection (e.g. information security; data governance; third party risk management).
- Knowledge of IT systems in financial services organizations.
- Written and spoken French language skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
- We foster a culture of meritocracy and diversity; we value and expect respect for others; opportunities to develop are widely available to all
- We promote TTS Sales Training Programmes which support Deal Shadowing, Product knowledge expansion and Coaching/Mentoring with Seniors with a new and exciting curriculum launching shortly
- We ensure regularity of 1:1 dialogue to monitor and support both management of the client portfolio and to identify personal and professional growth opportunities via an Individual Development Plan.
- You will have the privilege of meeting the decision makers at world class corporate clients of Citi globally and partnering with them to achieve their goals.
- You will benefit from a culture of innovation and investment from arguably the world’s best transaction services bank to support your sales efforts
- We are a Top 100 UK Firms for Diversity per the Stonewall Index
- 51% of our employees are women, 24% of our Director’s and Managing Directors are women.
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
Application Closing Date
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE