Christoffel Blinden Mission (CBM) is an international Christian development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. CBM works in partnership with local civil society organisations, communities, government and in alliance with international organizations in Africa and the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Administration Officer
Career Category: Administration / Finance
Acts as specialist in Administration for the Country Office:
- Is accountable for all daily office management matters including maintenance and logistics, travel and visit planning, meeting organization, reception, general secretarial duties.
- The Administration Officer will establish procedures and mechanisms for simple and streamlined administrative operations.
- S/he will ensure efficient office administration to enable and facilitate the work for all departments.
- S/he will line-manage any administration staff to ensure they function efficiently and effectively.
- Manage professional office administration and efficient operations of the Country Office in line with relevant CBM standards.
- Document and maintain updated administrative processes and procedures; initiate and lead regular reviews to ensure clarity, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensure that CBM is complying with in-country regulatory requirements such as registration and related annual reporting to relevant authorities (except financial regulatory requirements such as statutory accounts, audit, tax filing, social security contributions, etc., which are the responsibility of the Country Finance Manager).
- Effectively line-manage the administrative staff based on performance.
- Handle logistics including travel bookings and visitor schedules, including establishing a regular travel and visitors plan.
- Handle visa applications for visitors and expatriate co-workers.
- Handle the practical organisation of office meetings, workshops, training, etc.
- Provide secretarial duties, including handling of official correspondence with authorities, business registrations, etc.
- Provide support to the Country Director specific to the operational requirements of his/her position, such as schedule management, minute taking, report writing.
- Ensure office and property/facility management, including office cleanliness, organising and overseeing maintenance and repair works on CBM premises or on CBM assets; facilitating and following up on Accessibility and Inclusion audits.
- Put in place and maintain relevant insurance contracts.
- Ensure professional receptionist services for the office.
- Organize security of the premises, keep up-to-date contact with Security Company and oversee the security guards work.
- Take responsibility for record keeping and filing of important administrative office documentation; manage the office archives.
- Serve as custodian for and disburse petty cash fund (imprest account), liquidate and replenish in a timely manner.
- Support the timely procurement of goods and services to address the needs of the Country Office; act as a member of a vendor/supplier selection committee.
- Ensure oversight and management of Country Office IT systems and maintenance, access to Navision (where relevant), Sharepoint and other relevant programmes.
- Collaborate closely with the Country Finance and Regional HR Manager to ensure cross-functional policies, procedures and practice are harmonised and streamlined where relevant.
- Model and promote CBM’s values, culture and inclusive practices and promote disability and gender equality with colleagues.
- Support the Regional HR Manager in ensuring on-time delivery of HR services and accuracy of information.
- Provide timely and consistent HR data for the Country office to facilitate the preparation and dissemination of HR reports.
- Submit HR recruitment / contracting requests for approval in line with the Authority Structure
- Support the Regional HR Manager with administrative and logistical aspects of expatriate co-worker assignments, such as arranging house leases, security, vehicle, etc.
- Facilitate the in-country recruitment and candidate selection process.
- Ensure employment contracts are in place and inform the Country Director in a timely manner of contract end-dates.
- Coordinate the process of induction & briefing for new staff in the Country Offices.
- Coordinate the effective implementation of the annual performance management process by line managers in line with agreed timelines
- Ensure all staff have up-to-date and signed job descriptions in place.
- In addition to the responsibilities outlined in section IV above, the incumbent will upon instruction by the line-manager and the Country Director, perform ad hoc activities, which either are by their nature related to his normal duties or evolve from operational requirements. This may include but is not limited to:
- be available as a potential member of Teams of Competence regarding Administration and HR working groups within CBM.
- Office / premises cleanliness and maintenance
- Effectiveness in organising meetings / travel schedules
- Easy-to-consult office archives
- Valid staff contracts, job descriptions and performance management documentation are in place
Education, Knowledge & Professional Experience:
- Academic degree in Law, General Management, Business Administration or any other relevant field.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources will be an added advantage
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar position within a reputable organisation, preferably a development organisation.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Quality results-oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks efficiently and meet critical priorities.
- Highly organised and self-directed, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and under minimal supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work outside office regular hours.
- Ability to proactively anticipate any potential issues or risks for the office and submit appropriate recommendations to address them
- High level of professionalism, maturity and integrity when dealing with sensitive information and issues.
- An effective team player who is able to work diplomatically and with sensitivity with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions and personal backgrounds.
- Advantage of lived experience with disability.
- Reflect CBM values in daily work.
- English professional proficiency
- Working knowledge of French will be an advantage
- Relevant local languages would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Packages (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access) and good report writing skills.
- Attention to communication
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Building collaborative relationships
- Customer orientation
- Personal credibility
Job Title: Regional Security and Safeguarding Advisor
Career Category: Program / Project Management
- Acts in the role of Security & Safeguarding Advisor in a regional role in the Anglophone part of the CBM AFWC region: Develops a regional security and safeguarding strategy based on headquarters and country information.
- Identifies risks and threats and develops systems of early warnings.
- Coordinates with countries in the design, testing and communications of appropriate security and safeguarding plans and programmes.
- Develops and documents regional risk assessments and security management plans and programmes.
- Provide appropriate support to Countries’ Security Focal and Safeguarding Points.
- While based in Nigeria and primarily supporting CBM’s work in Nigeria (75%), the Regional Security and Safeguarding Advisor works under the guidance and supervision of the Country Director Nigeria. S/he is supported by the Global Security & Safeguarding Manager, the Safeguarding Manager and the Regional Hub Director for regional assignments which take up 25% of time.
- S/he works in a functional management/advisory role and in close coordination and consultation with CBM local staff, advisers and project partners. S/he will develop and implement Safety & Security (S&S) and Safeguarding plans and strategies. These shall:
- Hold responsibilities as the Safeguarding Focal Point for the respective region, with responsibility for advising, training, coordinating, monitoring and reporting in line with the established organization’s procedures.
- Hold responsibilities as the S&S Focal Point for the respective region, with responsibility for advising, training, coordinating, monitoring and reporting in line with the established organization’s procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the Safeguarding Policy, S&S Policy, Code of Conduct and other CBM staff policies.
Planning and Compliance – In line with CBM’s S&S Policy:
- Ensure that the regional country offices have a Security Risk Assessment and a Country Security Plan that is regularly updated at least annually.
- Ensure that the S&S plans include local characteristics of the different locations and that practices are disability inclusive and gender sensitive.
- Conduct periodic field security assessments and report with findings and recommendations.
- Inform CD, RHD and Global S&S Manager of areas of concern and non-compliance.
- Support CBM country offices and CBM partners to continuously build their security and safeguarding systems.
- Support Health promotion initiatives at regional office and country offices.
- In line with CBM’s Children and adults-at-risk Safeguarding Policy:
- Support the regional country offices to have country Safeguarding Plans that are regularly updated at least annually.
- Support Country Offices/partners to have safeguarding risk assessments at partner and or project level.
- Ensure that each country has an up-to-date Safeguarding referal map.
- Assist country offices to support partners in any donor safeguarding compliance requirements or deadlines.
Staff Orientation & Training:
- Ensure all CO staff obtains annual security and safeguarding training.
- Support the security and safeguarding systems for the regional office and respective country offices and train the local security and safeguarding focal points.
- Provide pre-travel security briefings to CBM travelling staff.
- Monitor and report safeguarding and S&S incidents, develop and keep a database of incidents, including threats, responses, vulnerabilities and lessons learned and provide timely feedback to the respective CDs, RHD, Global S&S Manager and Safeguarding Manager;
- Make frequent visits in the different working locations of the region to monitor security and safeguarding management and report key findings and recommendations;
- Monitor and help maintain Minimum Operational Security Standards in CBM offices in the region.
- Manage travel S&S of staff and visitors and ensure travel in the region is tracked.
- Conduct safeguarding assessments based on need.
- Develop and maintain network of NGO, UN and corporate security and safeguarding focal points;
- Make recommendations to reduce vulnerabilities of CBM staff, partners and communities;
- Participate actively in regional and global S&S and Safeguarding related matters and networks;
- Emergency Response and Incident (Crisis) Management
- Ensure that the S&S and Safeguarding Plans are quickly adapted to an emergency situation arising in a country;
- Support emergency response and NTD programs in S&S matters;
- As required, support and advise the senior management teams of the CO, the RHO, and the International Office, during emergencies and/or critical incidents.
- Provide incident management support to local partners.
- Conduct incident management debrief and review sessions with incident managers.
- Ensure Safeguarding and S&S investigations (based on incidents) are dealt with within the given time frame and professionally by involving all stakeholders necessary followed by a complete documentation.
- Promote implementation of CBM’s Safeguarding and Security policies and procedures.
- Provide Safeguarding and S&S trainings and audits to the regions with measurable impact.
- Ensure confidentiality about sensitive Safeguarding and S&S issues at all times.
Education, Knowledge, and Professional Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or above in a related field (Administration, Management, social studies etc.), or an equivalent combined education and work experience.
- 5 years leadership experience in security and / or safeguarding management in an INGO setting in the region.
- 5 years experience and knowledge of personnel and organizational security and safeguarding issues, conducting threat/risk assessments, management, reporting and awareness raising in an insecure environment.
- Proven track record in conceptualizing, developing and implementing a Security and Safeguarding Plans in an inclusive manner.
- Proven experience to facilitate trainings.
- Working experience in an INGO setting.
- Willingness to continue to sharpen skills and technical knowledge.
- Ability to travel frequently within the region, including to less secure environments.
- English professional proficiency
- Working knwoldege of French will be an advantage.
- Experience with Microsoft packages including Outlook, Word, Power point and Excel.
- Experience with use of virtual collaboration/ e-learning software such as GotoMeeting and Teams.
- Developing Others
- Persuasive Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Diagnostic Information Gathering
- Technical Expertise
- Conceptual Thinking
- Stress Management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
- CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
- The role is a permanent contract located in Abuja, Nigeria. This position has a national compensation package and is subject to local employment and immigration laws
Application Deadline 15th October, 2020.
See Also: Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Jobs in Nigeria Now!
How you will be updated regularly
Kindly subscribe to the site using your Email address for FREE