Christian Aid is currently recruiting candidates suitable for the position of a Programme Assistant. Interested and qualified candidates should kindly follow the guidelines listed below to apply.
Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Programme Assistant, Agronomy
Locations: Biu, Hawul, Bayo, Kwayakusar, Madagali – Borno and Michika – Adamawa
Reports to: Programme Officer, Agronomy
Salary Band: G
- The Programme Assistant Agronomy (PAA) will be responsible for designing and implementing all project crop farming (Agronomic) activities in the target communities in Hawul, Kwayakusar, Bayo, Biu, Madagali and Michika LGAs, both directly and indirectly through training/mentoring of project community volunteers and Program Beneficiaries (PBs), linking up with LGA BOSADP Officers, other NGOs and private sector actors at the community level
Under the direct supervision of the POA and in collaboration with the extension agents, field agents and community volunteers and CPAs and other team members of the program and of the base, the PAA will:
- Facilitate initial community entry activities.
- Implement the community project plans and make recommendations to the POA for approval of community agronomic project activities
- Implement training of beneficiaries on rain fed seed crop production, dry season crop production and micro-garden farming.
- Facilitate Agronomy related surveys in communities.
- Prepare action plans and provide direct support to beneficiaries through visits, in line with the action plans and as required.
- Facilitate links and referrals relationships between the beneficiaries and community groups and local sources of support.
- Support activities on community disaster risk reduction, famer field schools, asset transfer and revolving fund management, community-based saving and lending groups opportunities.
- Ensure data collection on rain fed/dry season seed crop production and micro-garden farming under technical guidance of the M&E officer
- Coordinate with community- based LGA BOSADP Officers, other NGOs and private sector actors.
- Act as POA in the absence of the POA
- Ensure all documentation, reports, and records from the community on rain fed/dry season seed crop production and micro-garden farming are maintained per agreed procedure, and information is provided on these community activities as required.
- Co-facilitate step-down trainings with beneficiaries and community groups on various topics on rain fed /dry season seed crop production and micro-garden farming as outlined in the implementation plan.
- Support beneficiaries and community groups to conduct assessments/project activities to all especially women and youths in the communities.
- Work on facilitating partnerships with relevant agronomic value chain actors and their service providers (Private BDS providers)
- Do any other responsibility that will be assign to him/her
- The PAA should provide community project supervision, promotes and values participatory approaches at the community level throughout the projects’ cycle, awareness raising and sensitisation, and all related program activities, Pre and Post Agronomic activities Monitoring (PAM) of agronomic activities as well as monitoring and evaluation under the direct supervision of the POA.
- During the absence of the POA, the PAA will wholly be accountable for the project under the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator.
- External Build strong relationships with partners, networks, donors, stakeholders and community beneficiaries.
- Internal Build strong relationship with program departments, FSL/WASH Staff, MEAL officers, program managers, M&E units and all in-country and global staff.
- Budgetary/savings responsibility Click here to enter text. Outline the amount of budgetary/savings responsibility this role is accountable for.
- Make decisions to manage community gate keepers effectively, from identification of volunteers and the day-to-day management of community programme teams. Day to day decision to ensure community projects are running effectively and supporting the projects informed by Christian Aid’s strategy and strategic focus areas. Make contributions around project proposals, ensuring they are prepared and comply with community expectations.
- Works on complex issues. Problems and issues, risks and benefits may have implications across several project components.
- Required to develop new ways of doing things to better meet program goals requiring creative or analytical ability.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Level of Education – Degree, in any relevant field with at least 2 years’ experience
- Must have substantial experience in implementing community-level development projects, using participatory engagement and grassroots mobilization techniques.
- Experience in handling grants to local groups, ensuring appropriate basic documentation and accountability at the community/field level.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Language Requirements: Spoken English-Excellent; Written English-Good (ability to type and prepare reports and other documents as needed.)
- Experience working on value chain actors and their service providers (Private BDS providers)
- Sound experience working on disaster risk reduction, famer field schools, asset transfer and revolving fund management, community-based saving and lending groups
- Excellent training and facilitation skills with a wide variety of groups having diverse experiences, backgrounds, skills, and education levels.
- Must be able to speak at least one local language predominant in that state.
- Involvement in relevant value chain projects, and/or those involving vulnerable people, especially those with asset/cash transfer components and/or interventions.
- Experience in engaging directly with vulnerable people, facilitating women activities and/or facilitating vulnerable people’s participation in meetings, discussions, etc.
- Ability to multi-task, engage in long-term planning, meet deadlines, and handles last-minute demands; exercise patience, and adapt to changing circumstances
- Involvement in projects and/or initiatives that address issues of power, diversity, exclusion, participation, and gender.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Cick here to apply
Application Deadline 30th June, 2022.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE