Catholic Relief Services jobs recruitment 2020/2021: Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality.
CRS relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager I
Ref Id: 200000GA
- The Program Manager will manage an integrated OFDA-funded 9-month health and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) project in Yobe State, focusing on the Local Government Areas of Potiskum, Damaturu and Gujba.
- In response to the risk posed by COVID-19, Catholic Relief Services (CRS) in partnership with Nigerian NGO NIRA will implement a project designed to empower communities to protect themselves and reduce transmission of COVID-19, through a robust Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) approach, complemented by investments in water supply infrastructure at health facilities and the distribution of critical water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) NFIs necessary to engage in infection prevention and control (IPC).
- The Program Manager will advance Catholic Relief Services (CRS) mission to serve the poor and most vulnerable. Your management skills and knowledge will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its programming.
- The successful candidate will be required to effectively manage relationships with the relevant Local Government Area (LGA) authorities, the State Ministry of Health (SMOH), and the State Primary Health Care Management Board (SPHCMB), as well as represent CRS at sectoral and other stakeholder meetings. The position is based in Damaturu town (Yobe State).
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Manage and implement all activities throughout relevant project cycles – project design, start-up, implementation and close-out – to ensure efficient and effective implementation in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices. Ensure project team and partner staff use the appropriate systems and tools.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching and contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Champion learning with project staff and partner teams. Analyze and evaluate project performance data following MEAL policy. Proactively identify issues and concerns and use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
- Coordinate the identification of staff capacity and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation.
- Help identify, assess and strengthen partnerships relevant to the COVID-19 response in Yobe State, applying appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
- Coordinate and monitor financial and material resources relevant to project needs. Through planning and oversight, ensure efficient use of project resources.
- Represent CRS in engaging relevant government and INGO stakeholders to ensure effective coordination of activities and efficient project implementation.
- WASH Team Lead, RCCE Officers, MEAL Officer, Supply Chain Officer, Community Liaison Officer.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Northeast Nigeria Emergency Coordinator; Yobe Head of Office, Deputy Country Representative – Operations; Northeast Nigeria MEAL Coordinator; Northeast Nigeria Accountability Officer; Northeast Nigeria Finance, Administration, HR, Fleet and Procurement Team.
- External: Project partner NIRA, SMOH, SPHCMB, Yobe Health Sector, Yobe WASH Sector, peer INGOs, LGA authorities, community leaders.
- Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations, Public Health or another relevant field required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant field-based experience in coordinating or managing light to moderately complex projects required, preferably with an international NGO.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
- Project management experience in Health and WASH is highly desirable.Qualification as a clinician: medical doctor, nurse, or pharmacist, is highly desirable.
- Experience engaging with partner organizations.
- Experience implementing with Risk Education and Community Engagement activities.
- MEAL skills and experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong representation and coordination skills for SMOH, SPHCMB, LGA, sector, and community engagement.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented.
- Required Languages – English, Hausa; Kanuri a plus
- Travel – Must be willing and able to travel to regularly travel to project sites in Potiskum, Damaturu and Gujba LGAs, estimated at 25% of time.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship.
To Apply for Catholic Relief Services Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information / Notice
- Please note this recruitment will be treated on rolling basis.
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRSÐ¢ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- The above job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Deadline: 11th August, 2020.
Subscribe to Blog via Email