Carbon Nigeria Recruitment 2022 for a Collections Officer – Carbon Nigeria is currently is currently recruiting candidates suitable for the position of a Collections Officer. Interested and qualified candidates should kindly follow the guidelines listed below to apply.
Carbon is a pan-African digital bank with a mission to provide friction-free finance to its customers. Carbon promises to play a fundamental role in its customers’ lives wherever they are, with flexible solutions. We pride ourselves on our efficiency and with just $10mm of equity raised in 2015, we have disbursed over $100m in loans and earned more than $30mm in revenue over the last 2 years. Carbon has operations in Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria, supported by a talented team spread between Lagos, Nairobi, London, Argentina, and Palo Alto so we operate with a remote-first mind-set.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Collections Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Business Intelligence
- We are looking for a competent Collection officer to contact customers and collect outstanding payments.
- You will have to strike a balance between maintaining trustful relationships and ensuring timely payments.
- Our collections officer should exhibit professionalism and trustworthiness.
- You should have excellent communication and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to work independently.
- You will have to be polite and sensitive towards people while also remaining committed to your purpose.
- Persistence and a sense of urgency are extremely useful to succeed in this task.
- Monitor accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Investigate historical data for each debt or bill
- Find and contact clients to ask about their overdue payments
- Take actions to encourage timely debt payments
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans.
- Follow-up with ALL promises to pay in a timely fashion.
- Keep tabs and reminders on payment.
- Create trust relationships with debtors when possible to avoid future issues.
- Alert superiors of debtors unwilling or unable to pay when necessary
- Comply with requirements when legal action is unavoidable.
- Process payments and refunds
- Resolve billing and customer credit issues
- Update account status records and collection efforts
- Report on collection activity and accounts receivable status
- Planning course of action to recover outstanding payments.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Interested candidates should possess a Minimum of an OND is preferred.
- 2- 3 years’ experience as a Recovery collector
- Patience and ability to manage stress
- Working knowledge of MS Office and databases.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Apt in negotiating and persuading.
- Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines.
- First-hand resolution on calls
- Comfortable working with targets
- A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- Potential to work in different geographies.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance
- Career development & Growth.
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a remote working option.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Call with People team
- Case Study ( Assessment)
- Technical interview
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE