The Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED) program aims to reduce poverty in the developing countries of ASEAN and to achieve the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Scholarships and educational exchanges will contribute towards all Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including Goal 5 (Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls) through, for example, women’s studies, political science, anthropology, and economics; and Goal 13 (Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts) through, for example, environmental sciences/policy examining climate change mitigation and adaptation, energy, peatlands and other land use effects and strategies, and forestry.
SEED scholarships are facilitated through institutional collaborations and student exchange agreements between Canadian and ASEAN institutions. These agreements are created between colleges, technical or vocational institutions and universities. Students, hereby referred to as “candidates”, must be registered as full-time students in their home institution at the time of application and during the entire duration of their study or research stay in Canada.
Canadian post-secondary institutions
Canadian institutions are:
- responsible for submitting applications on behalf of eligible candidates from post-secondary institutions in ASEAN; and
- encouraged to promote this scholarship opportunity to faculty and staff members, as well as to partner institutions in ASEAN.
Canadian institutions with successful candidates:
- should identify a single person responsible for the administration of the contribution agreement and another person with delegated signing authority; and
- will receive contribution funding from Global Affairs Canada (legally referred to as the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development, or DFATD) to disburse as scholarships to recipients.
Southeast Asian candidates
Candidates interested in this scholarship program should contact their home institution to:
- make their interest known;
- find out if there is an existing institutional collaboration and student exchange agreement with a Canadian institution; and
- request information about the application process and selection criteria specific to the Canadian institution and provide any additional information, such as transcripts, language test results, a research project and a registration form for an exchange program.
Selected candidates are encouraged to:
- ensure that they fulfill the requirements of the Canadian institution including academic requirements, language proficiency and, if applicable, institutional student exchange program requirements;
- submit their visa application as early as possible and follow the procedures as outlined by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (generally a study permit is required for course work and a work permit is required for research);
- initiate the process for the transfer of credits to their home institution as soon as their Canadian courses have been identified; and
- contact alumni of the program through their home institution for advice and a local perspective on the scholarship experience.
Post-secondary institutions in ASEAN countries
Post-secondary institutions in ASEAN countries are encouraged to:
- communicate with post-secondary institutions they are partnered with in Canada to confirm or explore institutional collaborations and student exchange agreements;
- promote this scholarship opportunity through their international offices;
- identify strong academic candidates who meet the admission requirements for the Canadian partner institution;
- provide the candidates’ documents to the Canadian partner institution, which is responsible for submitting the scholarship applications; and
- propose to selected candidates to gain additional linguistic training, academic upgrading and cultural preparedness before their departure.
Interested candidates should:
Deadline: March 4, 2021
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here