Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria Job Recruitment 2022- Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria is recruiting candidates suitable for the position of a Program Officer. Interested candidates should follow the descriptions below to apply.
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer – RCCE
Employment Type: Full Time
- This Program Officer – RCCE will provide technical support to the planning, implementation and monitoring of COVID (prevention, testing and vaccination) & GHSA work streams at state level.
- He/she will be responsible for maintaining strong relationships and coordination with key partners and organizations leading COVID response and global health security activities in the state.
- Collaborate with State Coordinator to provide state level project leadership for the BA-Nigeria risk communication and community engagement activities in the state including partnership management, stakeholder’s engagement and overall coordination of COVID and GHSA work streams;
- Collaborate with the State Primary Health Care Development Agency/Board and the State Agency for the Control of AIDS, State Ministry of Agriculture, State Ministry of Environment and its partners to implement COVID-19 and GHSA work plans at the different levels;
- Provide support to State Social Mobilization Committee, Emergency Operations Centre, Multisectoral Coordination structures, Crisis Intervention Centre (CRICC), state level partners and other stakeholders (at local government and ward levels) to coordinate and implement RCCE activities for COVID and GHSA;
- Provide SBC support and capacity building at the state level for diverse stakeholders;
- Work together with the State M&E Officer in the coordination and monitoring of activity across all intervention areas;
- Document the implementation process, success stories and provide key highlights including lessons learned on a monthly basis and submit the same to the RCCE Program Manager;
- Represent Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria at stakeholder meetings and similar partner forums as required;
- Other duties as identified and assigned by supervisor and/or Abuja country office program leads.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Social / Health Sciences or related discipline is required.
- An Advanced Degree is desirable.
- A minimum of 5 – 7 years of previous experience working in any health program area is required. Experience of working on a USAID or US-CDC funded projects an advantage.
- Proven experience working with varied stakeholders especially ministries, departments, and agencies in a multisectoral approach developing and implementing policies is desirable.
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills; and ability to influence and facilitate advocacy agendas at LGA and State level
- Understanding of local communities and cultures in the state of assignment, and ability to communicate fluently in the commonly spoken local language.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills are highly desired.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Working Knowledge of MS Office Packages and database software and applications.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria and work successfully within a cross-cultural, multi-sectoral, multi-project team-based environment.
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF to: email@example.com using “Program Officer – RCCE, Benue” as the subject of the mail.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE