Backable Media Recruitment 2022 for a Reporter (East / West Africa) – Backable Media is currently seeking competent professionals suitable for the position of a Reporter. Interested candidates should kindly follow the guidelines listed below to apply.
Backable Media – We tell important stories about innovation, industry, and impact with a focus on private capital in emerging markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reporter
Location: East or West Africa
- We are hiring two correspondents based in West and East Africa to join our team covering growth capital, private equity and debt investments in Africa.
- We’re looking for driven, creative and collaborative writers with a keen eye for a good story. While growth capital and private investment experience is not essential, it’s a bonus if you already understand the growth equity lifecycle and private sector development.
- At Backable, you will be more than just a reporter. You will play a central role in building a new media and content production company showcasing innovation and impact in Africa’s private markets.
- Successful candidates will have a track record of publishing impactful stories that go beyond headlines to uncover the factors and trends that drive long-term economic growth in Africa.
- Reporting to the Editor, you will write engaging, in-depth and impactful stories about the fund managers, portfolio companies, institutional and commercial investors, and market factors shaping the direction and flow of private capital in Africa.
- As part of this role, you will connect with and be known to the key industry players, and you will build a community of readers who return to the Backable platform to read your stories.
- You may wish to take a sector-agnostic approach to your stories, or you could focus on 2-3 sectors and develop subject matter expertise.
- Your stories will cover the entire investment lifecycle, from fundraising and dealmaking to exits.
- You will be required to publish two stories each month.
- Minimum of two years of experience writing about Africa, emerging markets, and the private sector
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Ability to write clear, concise and engaging copy, and ability to conduct research for a story.
What You’ll Get
- Monthly salary of £425-£490, dependent on experience
- 25 days of annual leave plus local public holidays.
Application Closing Date
How to apply
interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and two articles you are proud ofto: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
Leave a Reply