Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) Recent Job Opportunity. Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs of improving Sexual and Reproductive Health, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, etc.
We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. We seek applications from qualified individuals for a five-month consultancy for the position below:
Job Title: Information Technology Consultant
- The I. T. Officer, reporting to the Director, Finance & Administration, will provide first and second level hardware maintenance and upgrades; ensure the reliability of the local communication system; e-mail and Internet, and take regular backups of all local data.
- He/She will keep an up to date inventory of all IT hardware and software.
- Provides assistance in the formulation of annual IT plan, IT maintenance schedule, IT policy review and emergency response procedures.
- Process service level agreements with IT service providers/companies.
- Implements IT security policies; effective deployment and management of anti-virus systems, fortification of Wi-Fi and souring and installation of quality software packages.
- Ensures volume licensing of approved softwares including client access licenses for servers for the organization.
- Installs and configures network devices and hardware’s for proper functioning of internet and intercom services within the office.
- Efficiently manages procurement of IT equipment including LAN/back-end infrastructure, internet subscriptions etc for the office.
- Maintains highest quality of customer services to all sections within the office and all project partners.
- Provides IT assistance during workshop, training and meetings as deemed necessary by management.
- Provides IT technical support services to the office by providing computer training to all end users.
- Provides support to HR activities: upload adverts, sets up laptops for employment tests, downloads and print out Cvs etc.
- Ensures effective network connection and maintains the entire local area network installed at the office including IT equipments and computer accessories/peripherals.
- Manages ARFH website upgrading, maintenance and updating activities.
- Monitors and ensures the main and back-up servers, switches, routers, wireless access points for the office internet system are functioning efficiently.
- Conducts electrical safety checks on computer equipment, ensures adequate power protection and electrical back – up needs for the office IT systems.
- Ensures timely and proper maintenance of institutional email system as well as approved group addresses on all systems.
- Provides support and procedural documentation of IT inventory including movements, additions, deletions and temporary allocations of IT equipment and relevant reports.
- Provides support in other areas including use of web based platforms, share points and introduction of new softwares and technologies.
- A Bachelor degree or HND, preferably in Computer Engineering, Electrical Electronic or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in the use and maintenance of office computers, operating systems, applications, and network and communication technologies in reputable NGOs or medium sized organizations.
- Well-developed investigative, analytical and problem solving skills, Microsoft, Cisco related certifications are a distinct advantage as well as knowledge of other essential office softwares.
- Ability to show understanding and patience in communicating with technology users is also essential.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Also send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org on/or before the above closing.
Application Deadline: Friday 31st July, 2020.
- Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Subscribe to Blog via Email