Apply here for the United Nations University Junior Fellows Internship Programme 2022 – The United Nations University is currently inviting applications for their ongoing Internship Programme 2022. Interested and qualified candidates should ensure that they meet the necessary criteria listed below to be qualified for application.
The United Nations University Office of the Rector recruits highly qualified applicants to work as Junior Fellows at the UNU headquarters in Tokyo. Junior Fellows are recruited through a competitive application process twice per year. Graduate students interested in the work of the United Nations — and in particular, UNU — are encouraged to apply.
The underlying principles of the Junior Fellows Internship Programme at the Office of the Rector are centred on creating a dynamic, challenging and rewarding experience for graduate level students and young professionals. Successful candidates will contribute to the work of the Office of the Rector, the United Nations University, and the UN system as a whole. The programme provides opportunities for the development of new skills and knowledge and is a unique and constructive setting for the practical application of capacities acquired through graduate studies.
The programme places a strong emphasis on the training, guidance, and hands-on experience that form the foundation of a successful and beneficial internship. The programme opens with a one-week orientation designed to familiarize junior fellows with UNU, their co-workers, facilities and the working processes within the Office of the Rector. The knowledge and practical experience gained will also be beneficial to those candidates seeking a career in the United Nations. Junior fellows at the Office of the Rector can expect to gain valuable work experience while contributing in meaningful ways to UNU’s mission.
The purpose of the Junior Fellows Internship Programme at the Office of the Rector is:
- to promote interaction and dialogue between young scholars, professionals and UNU;
- to familiarize junior fellows with the activities of the Office of the Rector and the work of UNU;
- to provide opportunities for young professionals to gain in-depth, hands-on experience in a UN agency;
- to expose young professionals to an administrative working environment, and;
- To provide support to activities within the Office of the Rector.
READ ALSO : Tongston Entrepreneurship Holdings Job Recruitment 2022- Apply Here
Running parallel to most university semesters, Junior Fellows are selected twice per year, once in May-June for the fall term and once in September-October for the spring term. The fall term begins in mid-August and lasts until mid-December. The spring term runs from February to May. Visit the Application Process page for the specific dates for each term.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the internship will be partially remote with work being a mix of teleworking from home and working on-site at UNU headquarters in Tokyo.
Junior Fellows work full time during the regular working hours of the University: 9:30–17:30, Monday to Friday. Weekends and official UNU holidays are days off. In addition, Junior Fellows are entitled to 1.5 days of leave per month. When Junior Fellows work on-site, they are provided office space and facilities, as appropriate for their work. For remote work, Junior Fellows are expected to have access to a personal laptop or desktop with basic functionalities and internet for the duration of their internship. Junior Fellows receive a monthly stipend which includes a transportation allowance for their commute to and from UNU headquarters building.
Junior Fellows enjoy free on-site and online access to the headquarters’ library and gym (as available) and have the unique opportunity to learn about, contribute to and provide assistance in organizing conferences, lectures and academic forums and symposiums (offline and online) that take place throughout the year.
Participants in this programme have the opportunity to engage in a number of ongoing initiatives that provide a unique window into the working processes of the University. Junior Fellows support the work of the Office of the Rector in the following areas:
- administrative research and writing for institutional development: preparation of executive briefs on priority issues; background research and drafting of topical information briefs in support of internal policy development (i.e. related to the functioning of the University);
- planning: supporting the development of project management tools and systems;
- in person and online event coordination: supporting the organization of lectures, conferences, workshops, and other public events;
- meeting coordination: logistical support and minute taking;
- editorial support: proof-reading reports and copy editing;
- Communication: preparation and dissemination of newsletters, event summaries, and other communication documents.
READ ALSO : Apply Here for the Dangote Cement Plc. Graduate Trainee Programme 2022
The qualifications that are considered in each application process include, but are not limited to, the following. The candidate:
- is currently pursuing or has recently completed (within two years of application) postgraduate studies (master’s or doctoral), preferably in a field related to the University’s work;
- is under 32 years of age at the time of application;
- must not have more than 5 years of work experience in their related field;
- has a native or fluent command of written and spoken English;
- has excellent research, writing and analytical skills;
- can establish and maintain effective working relations with people from diverse backgrounds;
- demonstrates resourcefulness and creativity in problem-solving;
- has advanced computer skills: sound, hands-on, knowledge of MS Office applications (familiarity with ICT tools and high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel are desirable);
- Has a demonstrated interest in the work of the United Nations and more specifically, in the work of the United Nations University.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the United Nations University Junior Fellows Internship Programme 2022
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
Leave a Reply