IHVN Recruitment 2020/2021: The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, research, capacity building, and care and support services.
The Impact of Non-B HIV-1 Subtype on second-line Protease Inhibitor Regimens in Africa (INSPIRE) project is one of the research projects being implemented by the Institute. INSPIRE seeks to identify factors that predict virological failure among patients with Protease Inhibitor (PI) containing regimens.
To execute this project, IHVN is seeking suitable and qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Manager – INSPIRE STUDY
Location: Abuja, Head Office
- The right candidate to fill this position will provide research technical support to the Principal Investigator in implementing research activities.
- S/he will take the lead in developing data capturing tools, field-testing and data collection processes.
- Furthermore, s/he will develop data analysis plan and conduct appropriate data analyses and participate in knowledge generation and utilization efforts. S/he will report to the Program Director.
- Responsible for reviewing all study data from the INSPIRE STUDY for validity and accuracy of data, collect missing information for data analysis.
- Design, implement, and track queries; coordinate with other research staff to resolve data problems.
- Responsible for maintaining all study forms.
- Contribute to preparing presentations and manuscripts for publications.
- Define and execute processes for identifying potential data problems due to transcription, keying, or recording errors.
- Use statistical software like SAS or STATA to analyze data and prepare weekly reports.
- Manage, reformat, enter, edit, merge and maintain data in preparation for analysis.
- Program data validation checks.
- Program, test, maintain and update data entry applications for manual data entry or electronic data capture.
- Plan, implement, and document data audits and data quality site visits.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, MSc, MPH or MSHS degree in data Science, Epidemiology or Implementation Science.
- Analytical skills with proficiency in analyzing large amounts of data.
- Problem-solving skills to be able to tackle problems under pressure.
- Communication skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- At least four years’ experience working in US National Institute of Health (NIH) research studies
- Data management skills with proven understanding of the principles of data management and administration.
- IT and database skills with familiarity with modern databases and IT systems and how they work.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Deputy Director, Human Resources” through this email address: email@example.com
- Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 31st July, 2020.